Liechtenstein financial regulator approves the offering of ICONOMI securities
The day we’ve all been eagerly waiting for is here. We are pleased to announce that on June 12, 2019 FMA, the Liechtenstein financial regulator, officially approved the Prospectus (and on June 24, 2019, a Supplement to the Prospectus), a document with which the new corporate governance structure of ICONOMI is defined and a clear legal environment is established.
We have worked tirelessly for the past months to ensure we deliver on the plans made in 2018 to enable ICONOMI token holders the option to actively participate in the governance of the ICONOMI platform as its legal owners.
With the new structure, we are again making a breakthrough. We are taking away all the uncertainty around the utility tokens, which are still very much a grey-shaded area, and presenting three major developments:
- an issued security (the Profit Participation Securities),
- a joint-stock company in Liechtenstein, ICONOMI AG, which will serve as the issuer of profit participation securities and combine all ICONOMI services (e.g. UK company ICONOMI Ltd., previously Paygateway Ltd.),
- a clear legal environment for our stakeholders.
We have always aimed at providing our investors with the highest legal certainty and transparency, and we are confident our new corporate governance structure will achieve just that.
The Profit Participation Securities (previously referred to as ‘eICN tokens’)
The security, or more specifically the Profit Participation Securities (‘Genussscheine,’ previously referred to as ‘eICN tokens’) will be issued on August 14, 2019. All holders of the securities will be entitled to common shareholders’ rights, such as voting rights and the right to participate in the net profit of the company. Moreover, the tokenization and listing of Profit Participation Securities will occur as soon as security token exchanges become operative.
The timeline for the exchange of ICN tokens for ICONOMI Profit Participation Securities will be as follows:
- The first round of exchange will be available on the ICONOMI platform from August 1, 2019 until August 9, 2019, with ICONOMI Profit Participation Securities being shown on users’ balances by August 14, 2019;
- The second round of exchange will be available on the ICONOMI platform from January 8, 2020 until January 15, 2020, with ICONOMI Profit Participation Securities being shown on users’ balances by January 31, 2020.
ICN holders who are unable to verify on Tier 2 on the ICONOMI platform, or otherwise unable to exchange their ICN tokens for ICONOMI Profit Participation Securities, are advised to contact us at email@example.com.
The timeline for the exchange of ICN tokens for ETH will remain as previously announced (i.e. with distributions of ETH occurring in July 2019 and January 2020, respectively).
Once again, ICONOMI is doing exactly as promised, offering its investors a safe, predictable, and trustworthy investment environment, while having their best interests in mind.
You can find more information on our Investor page.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND NOT A PROSPECTUS OR PROSPECTUS EQUIVALENT DOCUMENT, AND INVESTORS SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY INVESTMENT DECISION IN RELATION TO ICONOMI SECURITIES EXCEPT ON THE BASIS OF INFORMATION PUBLISHED IN THE PROSPECTUS FOR THE OFFERING OF ICONOMI AG SECURITIES.