Yearn Finance is Sponsoring the ETHAmsterdam 2022 Hackathon
ETHGlobal’s first IRL event in over two years is finally here, and we’ll be there!
Yearn Finance is excited to be sponsoring the upcoming ETHAmsterdam 2022 Hackathon. Join us April 22- 24th for an incredible weekend packed with opportunities to build on top of Yearn in one of the most vibrant cities in the world!
Hosted by ETHGlobal, ETHAmsterdam brings hundreds of web3 engineers and innovators together for a weekend to build, learn, and compete for over $400,000 in prizes!
We hope you will join us either in person or virtually to build on Yearn and meet/hear from Yearn contributors.
Hackathon Prizes 💰
Yearn Finance is offering the following prizes at ETHAmsterdam:
🥇2 prizes of $2,000 for the Best Overall Project Built With Yearn
Project submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Use of Yearn
- Technical competence (well organized and written code)
Projects which exceed expectations will be offered bonus prizes.
Getting Started Building With Yearn
We recommend getting started by reviewing our developer docs. They’ll show you everything from how to get your machine set up, how to get started building with vaults and strategies, and how to use the Yearn stack and the SDK to aggregate data sources. It is a lot easier than you think!
What to build? We recommend checking out the following links for inspiration:
- Building with yVaults
- Becoming a Strategist
- Submissions from a Previous Hackathon
- Intro to Yearn Vaults
❓Have questions or need help? Join our Discord Server for 1x1 support from our team.
Join Us in Amsterdam!
If you will be attending in person, consider stopping by one of our events:
ETHAmsterdam Hackathon Workshop : Build and Profit with Yearn Vaults
- April 22, Time: TBA
- By taking advantage of Yearn’s fee sharing partner program and the brand new EIP-4626, learn how to create a money-making integration on top of Yearn’s v2 vaults! This workshop will guide you on how to create a B2B/business router for yearn v2 vaults, which complies with the new EIP-4626. You’ll be able to choose from multiple fee strategies for your users to maximize your profit.
Yearn Finance x Tenderly War Room Games Workshop
- April 20, 15:00–19:00
- Yearn Finance in partnership with Tenderly will be leading an exciting highly interactive workshop on best practices around security and monitoring.
Talks & Presentations by Yearn Contributors
The DAOist’s Global Governance Gathering
- April 19, 2:20–2:40
- defiginger will present DAO Compensation: How Yearn is evolving contributor compensation and what we’ve learned.
- April 19, 4:20(nice)
- Deniz from MakerDAO will be present the results of workshop on how to solve DAO governance challenges with frens from MakerDAO, Element, Orca, and defiginger from Yearn.
- April 20, 11:20–12
- defiginger will join the panel Decentralized Governance: Past, Present, and Future along with Sky from DXdao and Shannon from Livepeer.
- April 22, 17:35- 18:20
- Secureum TrustX is a first-of-its-kind technical event dedicated to the Ethereum security ecosystem. Storm0x will be deep-diving into the role white-hats and bounties play in security during this panel.
- April 22, Time: 10:00- 18:00
- Tune in to watch Skeletor discuss what’s happening at the cutting edge of MEV, Maximal Extractable Value on a panel at this event.
ySprout DAO — Building and Innovating in DeFi
- April 23, Time: TBA
- Hear from Yearn contributors on innovative ways to build and develop new products and tools in DeFi. Attend to also learn more about incubator programs like ySprout DAO that provide builders with the technical support and capital needed to build the next DeFi great disruptor!
Meet & Greets/Social Gatherings
- Brunch with Yearn Finance (April 21)
- Yearn Finance Drinks & Dinner (Invite-only on April 22)
Yearn Finance’s ecosystem is growing quickly thanks to our partnership program, community of contributors, and the expansion of our grants program.
- Integrate yearn within your platform to give your users easily accessible DeFi solutions and earn profit share while doing so.
- Leverage our grants program to fund your idea or apply to our incubator program.
- Join our community of contributors and build alongside some of the brightest minds in the space. Learn about our open roles here.
If you are in Amsterdam, reach out to @_farrahmay or @saltyfacu on Twitter to set up a time to meet in person. Feel free to also reach out to us on Discord, Twitter, or Telegram as well.
We look forward to meeting with you in Amsterdam and hope you have an amazing BUIDLing time at #ETHAmsterdam!