BlockShow Asia 2017 Singapore Recap
After Devcon3 in Cancun, Mexico, iExec had the pleasure to sponsor the BlockShow Asia 2017. The event was a success and we were happy to contribute to it. On top of that, it was superbly organised by Cointelegraph: all attendees, startups and VIPs could learn more about various exciting blockchain projects. The point of view of people discovering the crypto space was also interesting: Singapore hosts thousands of IT businesses, some of them suddenly interested in the crypto sphere.
Some official stats
- More than 1,500 guests came and experienced BlockShow this time
- 67 speakers from 20 countries share their insights
- 66 blockchain companies presented their services and products in the exhibition hall
- 23 sponsors supported BlockShow
- More than 50 exclusive announcements were made
- More than 3000 posts in social channels
- More than 1,000 meetings
- 12 blockchain startup pitches done
- 12 token sale launches with special offers for BlockShow Friends
Four members of the iExec team were there: Dr. Haiwu He, Victor Bonhomme, Jean-Charles Cabelguen and me. The show lasted two days and we had plenty of time to open discussions with significant Asian and Chinese players including AChain, Qtum and Waves.
Whales in the area
We met a few legendary bitcoin holders, some even spontaneously came to the iExec booth. It’s always a pleasure to share some prehistoric anecdotes about Bitcoin. That’s what we can call valuable contacts.
Haiwu’s keynote speech
He showed an exclusive preview of the iExec Dapp Store to be released in the coming days:
Last but not least, iExec announced a prize pool of $150,000 for the best dapps to be registered on the iExec Dapp Store. Check out the full announcement, these are the critera:
- Innovation (it would be awesome if your idea is new and provides an unexpected solution to an unmet need)
- Impact (it would be awesome if your project has the potential to impact the blockchain ecosystem)
- Feasability (it would be excellent if you have a realistic plan and are well-equipped to execute on it)
- Background (we’re curious about what you’ve built and accomplished in the past)
Jean-Charles and the AI panel
iExec is currently the only one to offer a scalable AI over a fully-decentralized network, so Jean-Charles had pretty strong arguments during the debate on AI and blockchain. Here’s the best of what came out during this session.
Just like during the Devcon3, we also had several enthusiastic token holders coming at the booth. They all got t-shirts and stickers. Speaking of goodies, RLC ‘mini-rolls’ (paper wallets) are to be released soon.
All the interviews we made will be published soon. The event was co-organised by Cointelegraph, so we know their magic team will help iExec get a louder voice on the networks in the coming days.
Singapore is a great place for business because of its diversity. We’re planning to organise roadshows in Asia, Europe, Middle East, America and Moon ;)