How to buy/sell RLC tokens?
At iExec, we’re building a global marketplace for computing resources. iExec will enable everyone to monetize their apps, servers and data through the blockchain.
RLC is the native token that will fuel iExec network. In a near future, you may need to acquire RLC tokens to use a new class of Ethereum applications, to provision servers or to access data-sets.
RLC is available on the following exchange platforms:
Buy RLC tokens with EUR/USD and credit card.
Changelly is the easiest service to use. Here’s how to proceed :
(2) Connect to https://changelly.com.
(3) If you want to use your credit card, select “USD” on the left, then follow the instructions.
How to buy/sell RLC using BTC or ETH?
Shapeshift allows you to switch from many cryptocurrencies to and from RLC. It is also very user-friendly.
(1) Select the token you want to deposit (on the left) and the token you want to receive.
(2) Give the address you want to receive your tokens
(3) Make a transaction to Shapeshift
(4) Then, the tokens are sent to your address: you’re done!
How to trade RLC using an exchange platform?
If you are a frequent user or an investor, you may want to buy/sell larger quantities at a better change rate and lower fees. Bittrex, Liqui, Gatecoin and HitBTC allows you to trade various RLC pairs such as RLC/BTC, RLC/ETH and RLC/USDT.
These are the instructions for Bittrex, but other platforms work similarly.
(1) Go to https://bittrex.com and sign up for an account.
(2) In the top-right menu, click on ‘wallets’.
(3) To deposit BTC, click on the ‘blue plus’ button on the left.
(4) You can click on ‘Hide zero balance’ to get a clearer view the assets you hold in your Bittrex wallet.
(5) Send some BTC to your newly created BTC wallet. If you do this for the first time I would advise to first send a small amount. Also remember to check the first and last characters of the address.
(7) There you can buy or sell RLC.
- Indicate the amount of RLC you want to buy (‘Units’),
- Choose the price (‘Bid’) : if you don’t know what price you should sell your BTC, just click on ‘Price’, then on ‘last’’ and press the ‘Buy iExec’ button : your order is now active!
(8) Go back to your wallets, click on ‘minus’ to withdraw your RLC tokens to your Ethereum address so you’re 100% sure you (and only you) control your RLC tokens.
Spend your RLC using TenX debit card
One last thing: when you leave your money on these platforms, you don’t have control over it. Exchange platforms are one of the favorite targets of attackers for obvious reasons. That’s why I strongly recommend to withdraw your RLC tokens from exchanges to a secured Ethereum address so that YOU own your RLC tokens and nobody else.
This article can be useful to make sure you handle your tokens following the current best practices.
Our #trading channel in Slack is pretty active, you can always find interesting advice on managing and trading crypto assets.