5 Reasons I scream for Icecream
Ice cream has health benefits too.
Yes, I scream for my favourite Belgium extra dark chocolate ice cream. And I feel good about it. And you should scream too. People may have differences in their food, thoughts or ideas but there is one destination where more or less every human being stops and that is Icecream. They might have their own preferences for flavour, but everybody loves having ice cream. Whether full-fat ice cream or low-fat ice cream or sorbet, it is an emotion.
For me, a perfect weekend afternoon will be a bowl full of my favourite ice cream and reading my favourite novel or watching my favourite show. It is not only about binge eating but it is about health benefits too. According to the sources, the flavour which tops the chart is Vanilla followed by the other flavours like matcha and chocolate. Now that is a different story that I have never tasted matcha flavoured ice cream. But before having ice cream, have you ever thought of the benefits it provides more than just giving you happiness?
As I know the benefits of having ice cream, I am very excited to tell you too.
- It is nutritious- As it is made up of milk and cream. So it is rich in calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12. If you are having chocolate ice cream, then it is rich in Flavanoids which is good for beating the heart. If you are consuming a sorbet then it is rich in antioxidants which are good for your glowing skin and longevity. Calcium is required for bone density and Vitamin D is required for the absorption of calcium from the food. Vitamin B12 might improve your memory. So you will not forget the things which you have kept in your cupboard. Vitamin A is good for your big bright eyes.
- Improves Fertility- According to one Harward published journal, all the women who are trying or thinking of having an addition to their families, hear it loud, you need a scoop of full-fat ice cream at least 3 times a week. Or women who have already conceived, ice cream is good for the development of the foetus bones. Additionally, they have mentioned that pregnant women who are experiencing nausea, can overcome it by having 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Increase Immunity- There is a myth that during cold and flu, we should avoid ice cream as it is extremely cold. But do you know, in fact having a scoop of ice cream is good for your immunity? Lactoferrin and cytokines found in ice cream may increase your body’s immunity and fight against the influenza virus and helps in the healing process.
- It boosts your energy- Have you thought of treating yourselves or your kids with a big ice cream sundae as a reward after a rough day or to celebrate your kid's small milestones? Since it is made up of mostly full cream milk, it is rich in carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. If you’re feeling tired or feeling low, you can rely on ice cream to boost your energy and lift your mood.
- Good for your brains- According to one research conducted in Japan, consuming ice cream is good for your brain. The research was done based on a group of people who had ice cream with a group who had a glass of water first thing in the morning. Surprisingly the ones who consumed ice cream were much more alert than the other group. Some studies suggested that having an ice cream releases dopamine in your body, which makes you much more alert.
Going for ice cream in the middle of the night can be fascinating. And why would you not? After all, it has so many benefits. But you can have a tub of your favourite ice cream at one go. Everything comes with a limit, the same goes for the ice cream. It has huge side effects if not consumed within a limit. Consuming beyond the limit can lead to obesity, high blood sugar, brain fogginess and heart diseases.
If you want to consume ice cream, go for good quality rather than cheap quality ice cream. Sorbets are also a good option in the range of ice cream. So now it is safe to say “You scream, I scream, we all scream, for ice cream.”
This article is curated from the following references-
49 Proven Ice Cream Benefits (No.1 & 2 Shocked) - DrHealthBenefits.com
Who did not know Ice cream? Do you like ice cream? The answer to the first question is no one. Everybody knows ice cream…
Can an Ice Cream Diet Be Good for You?
July 24, 2002 -- According to the newest diet featured in Prevention magazine, you can lose weight and eat ice cream…
*Lastly, if you like my post, please leave a comment below and follow me for more such posts. You can subscribe to me through email too. Till then happy writing.