On Cusp of Energy Revolution
Next 10 Years of change
Energy can’t be produced, energy can’t be destroyed, it can only be transformed from one form to another. The use of energy used to define the prosperity of a Nation. In today’s world, prosperity has a new definition. Today what matters more is what is the source of energy, is it clean energy, is it renewable or is it coming with cost and burden of the guilt of killing mother earth?
India has started its journey towards clean and renewable energy a few years back and is well on track to meet or beat its commitment of protecting our beloved planet and is on the cusp of an energy revolution.
Did you know
- India is the third-largest producer and second-largest consumer of electricity.
- India was ranked fourth in wind power, fifth in solar power and fifth in renewable power installed capacity in 2018.
- The government is aiming to achieve 225 GW of renewable energy capacity (including 114 GW of solar capacity addition and 67 GW of wind power capacity) by 2022, more than its 175 GW target as per the Paris Agreement.
- India added 2,320 MW of solar capacity amidst COVID-19 pandemic from January to September 2020
- Bhadla Solar Park is the largest solar park in the world as of 2020 and is spread over a total area of 5,700 hectares in Bhadla, Phalodi tehsil, Jodhpur district, Rajasthan, India. The park has a total capacity of 2245 MW
These are only some points, for complete details you can look at sector report from ibef.org and look for renewable energy and power. India has not only committed to clean energy but is also taking action.
The goal of this blog is to create wealth, hence in the next few blogs, we will see how we can benefit from this revolution and contribute to it.