Sprint 3

A huge task I had for this week was to separate parts of my project a little more in depth. For my communications practicum I’m going to be making a marketing plan for this same topic so I added different pieces that I have to write for that marketing plan. Then for the third sprint I gave myself six tasks.

Marketing Plan:

  1. I researched further into an article that I had previously saved. The article is a publication discussing multiperspectivity. A quote generally summarizing this article is below:
  • “That process (multiperspectivity) entails understanding that we too have a perspective which has been filtered through our own cultural context, reflects our own standpoint and interpretation of what has happened and why, our own view of what is and is not relevant, and may also reflect other prejudices and biases.” - source

2. After doing research on multiperspectivity, I took a crack at describing, in my own words, what it is and the effect that it has on history. Omnistory is built around this idea of multiperspectivity in order to come to a better understanding of a chain of events so naturally it becomes a very big part of this project as a brand.

3. Target audience is an extremely important part of building out a project and it’s marketing so I took some time to sit down and create the concise statement below to describe what the target user of Omnistory is.

  • An interested person of any age, gender, sexual orientation or race/ethnicity searching for vetted and easily digestible historical information to help understand the complexities of world conflicts.

4. Another very important piece to any marketing project is a mission statement which I’ve created below:

  • To provide accurately vetted and easily digestible historical perspectives on world conflicts to those interested in understanding these situations with a holistic mindset.

Programming:

5. The first programmatic thing I needed to complete was to create an example of json that will eventually be read in by the application. This is going to be the main way that timelines are going to be generated, with a possibility of other data input methods being created later on in the project, time permitting.

6. The last and final task of the week was to create an html and css version of the design that I had created last week. With the setup I’m using, the next step will be to convert this html skeleton that I created into templates that can be programmatically filled in with javascript.