This week I did a lot of work on the set. I applied several coats of black paint onto the 4 by 8 platforms and started to chalk out quotes onto the wall. This was a more difficult process than I originally imagined. I had bought painters tape in order to create straight lines to write the quotes with, but the tape kept peeling off while I was writing making it incredibly difficult to keep the quotes looking straight. It took over 8 hours to paint and chalk out a single wall I also started going through papers and notebooks to see what might be able to be taped to the wall. It really looks like it’s coming together and I really like the aesthetic of it.
I also started on rehearsals wit Molly and Natalie. We did a read through of the script and it runs at about 30 minutes right now which was a little longer than I anticipated but I think it still works for the showcase. We are going to be meeting 2–3 times a week until the showcase and I’m really excited. These young woman are incredibly talented and they have a great grasp of the characters they’re playing and of the message I’m trying to get across. I am a little concerned with the timeline though. There are a lot of conflicts around An Evening of One Act Shorts, a one acts festival done by TCNJ’s premiere straight theatre organization. Natalie and I are producing this show and Molly is set designing it and it just makes our timeline more close to the line than I would have liked. I’m confident that we’ll get it together in time though.