B.C Tech Pilot program is one of British Colombia’s PNP programs which invites skilled workers. Since the demand for talent in B.C’s tech sector is more than the supply, the tech pilot program has been extended to June 2020. It holds weekly draws issuing invitations to eligible foreign workers with a job offer in one of the in-demand occupations in the technology sector.
The recent weekly draw was held on April 29, 2020, inviting 75 skills immigration and Express Entry candidates. Check out the eligibility requirements for the BC Tech Pilot Program to find you could be one of the eligible candidates.
Who is the eligible candidate?
- Has a job offer of at lear one year in an eligible tech occupation in BC (List of eligible occupations). It doesn’t have to be supported with an LMIA
- Has relevant experience and qualifications, and to international students who completed their technology studies in Canada
- Complies with one of the BC PNP Skills Immigration or Express Entry program requirements
- The employer must provide a support letter provided to facilitate Work Permit application
- Language, settlement funds, and Work Experience requirements must also comply with one of the Express entry programs (FSW, FST or CEC) or the Skills Immigration program
Why BC Tech Pilot Program might be a good option?
Processing times for 80% of BC PNP applications is 2 to 3 months from receipt and BC Tech Pilot being a fast track program, the applications will be processed in shorter timeframes. The employer need not obtain an LMIA which makes the process relatively easier. Tech industries in BC are booming and more and more immigrants settle in BC every year, so, if you are working in the tech sector, there are chances that your occupation is in the in-demand list which makes job search a bit easier.
Check out this link for more details.