Why we started Impossible
Impossible was brought to life because we saw problems from traditional finance (that crypto was aiming to solve in the first place) make their way over to crypto. We saw that regular people who wanted to invest in projects, faced one or a combination of these issues that we want to solve:
- Lack of quality control: Projects often are selected to launch on so-called launchpads with little or no due diligence done. This makes it hard to understand what projects are doing as information is scarce, making a lot of early-stage investment higher risk than it should.
- Unfair: Big and early “whales” and funds drowning out average investors and then taking advantage of their position to manipulate prices. Platforms also sometimes offer unfavourable terms (unequal lockups, high performance fees, or hidden penalties)
- Inaccessible: Needing to be part of a tightly-knit circle that has exclusive access to these deals or a minimum investment size required
With crypto maturing rapidly, we noticed it was evolving in the way that traditional finance did earlier. Investing and opportunities became increasingly institutionalised, pricing out and pushing regular users away.
This runs counter to crypto’s original mission which embodies fairness, transparency, decentralisation, and accessibility. Here at Impossible, we don’t want to forget this, which is why we are trying to bring things back to where they were.
The core contributors at Impossible are focused on bringing curated, high-quality projects to everyone. We want everyone to have a fair chance of participation, regardless of how much they have in their wallets or who they know. We’re crypto users ourselves and we believe that everyone should get in on equal, no-BS terms.
Through multiple iterations and discussions, we have finalised our vision and mission statements. Our priority was to make sure it aligns our team, our product, and our community so that everyone knows our destination and what the journey might look like.
Vision and mission statements may have different meanings to everyone, but to us, the vision is the “why” which is why we exist and why we do what we do. Meanwhile, the mission is the “what”, mainly what are we trying to achieve.
And we’re really excited to share with you:
A fair and accessible digital financial system for everyone.
Helping people learn, discover and invest in crypto opportunities.
Essentially, we want our users to have a platform that they can rely on for fair and accessible opportunities as well as help them to learn, discover, and grow their investments in crypto through providing high-quality projects and opportunities via our product.
Crypto can be confusing for most people, let alone DeFi. We want to give users access and allow them to experience in a way that is seamless and indistinguishable from the current Web. Web3 has a reputation of being clunky and complex, and even in some instances haphazard. We think the time for a mature Web3 has come, and we want to push the boundaries, building a decentralised Web that is invisible to the user.
We found that this approach for our users would also solve some existing challenges for projects:
Community-first: We’ve seen so many projects facing challenges growing not just their community, but also the right community for their project. They want engaged, relevant, and power users to bootstrap the foundation upon which they build.
Launching: Successful projects have become increasingly multifaceted. We run projects through our accelerator to ensure the teams are well-rounded and are setup to thrive in any market condition for long-term growth
Scaling: We help projects expand their user bases and widen their product offerings to the multichain world, featuring our seamless, automated launchpad interface.
Crypto has witnessed itself maturing in a similar fashion to the post dot-com bubble. While projects once only needed a landing page or whitepaper to raise capital, the bar is now higher with the need for working products and real users. We can only anticipate that future expectations will evolve further with user retention and growth, in addition to tokenomics, monetization, and market opportunity. We will adapt, stay agile and help people stay ahead of the curve.
We are creating an Impossible ecosystem, built upon power users and a loyal community, that attracts top projects, incredible talent and long-term investors.
Thank you for your amazing support and let’s continue to buidl the impossible together!
🐧 About Impossible Finance
Impossible Finance is a multi-chain incubator, launchpad, and swap platform led by Ex-Binance & DeFi veterans. It offers a robust product-first ecosystem that supports top-tier blockchain projects to targeted user audiences. With extensive support from key leaders in the crypto industry, Impossible Finance simplifies DeFi for users to enjoy fairer investing, cheaper trading and better yields.
Website | Twitter | Discord | Telegram | Medium
- Notes: DISCLAIMERS, TERMS, and RISKS
- Risk Warning: Trading and/or generally investing in any cryptocurrency involve significant risks and can result in the complete loss of your capital. You should not invest more than you can afford to lose and you should ensure that you fully understand the risks involved. Before investing, please consider your level of experience, objectives, and risk tolerance, and seek independent financial and legal advice if necessary. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether you are permitted to use the services of Impossible Finance based on the legal and regulatory requirements of your country of residence and/or applicable jurisdiction(s).