Update | imToken 2.3.0 Released, imKey support & new Token Management
We were busy for two months, and now we are happy to introduce the new version of imToken 2.3.0!🔐
Internally imToken version 2.3.0 is called “NOKEYNOTOKEN”. This version is our largest milestone in the latest half year. We believe this version will live up to expectations and make you happy.
Manage your tokens with ease 🐳
- imToken supports the imKey hardware wallet, making asset management safer🔐
- Redesign the token management, 🔥 coins are more conspicuous, 💩 coins are not bothering
- Increase the number of imported wallets, up to 10 wallet addresses per chain 🔟🔐
Let’s take a closer look at this big change:
Pair your hardware wallet imKey
The first batch of imKeys have been sent out to early supporters. Have you received your imKey yet? Quickly pair with imToken! If it has not arrived yet, take a moment, it will arrive soon. You can go to the imKey help center to learn how to set up your imKey.
You might have noticed, imKey and imToken both begin with “im”. What is the relationship between the two?
The hardware wallet imKey is the first company invested by imToken Ventures.
imKey is produced by the imKey team and FEITIAN (the established financial hardware supplier of China Commercial Bank). As to security management, imKey integrates the security chip CC EAL 6 +, which meets bank-grade security requirements.
As a hardware wallet, which coins & tokens does imKey support? imKey, which is naturally matched with imToken, manages all the coins & tokens supported by imToken, including: BTC, ETH, EOS and all tokens and NFT collections released on Ethereum and EOS. Meanwhile, as the first hardware wallet that supports Bluetooth pairing, imKey make us no longer be limited by cabled connections. We just need to open Bluetooth, one-click to establish connection, then be free to use. Click here to get one yourself?
Redesign the token management — “You have received new tokens”
You may also have encountered such troubles: The list of assets shows a series of tokens — good tokens, general tokens, airdrop tokens, and advertising tokens. Regardless of the balance, once received, the token is displayed in your assets list.
We all want to see a clean list of assets that are valuable to us. Tokens with small balances can be hidden, while all assets in sight.
Click on the + on the assets page to get a clean and orderly list of assets via the following categories:
- Displayed assets
Edit and manage the asset page token list here, WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get).
- All my assets
This place lists all the tokens and balances that have existed in your address at any point in time.
- New Assets
For every time you receive a new token, this view shows a reminder to choose whether to add or hide, and thus be no longer bothered by airdrop/advertising tokens.
- Popular Assets
There are thousands of tokens, learn more about the popular ones.
Learn more about each token: Click on the tokens under these categories to jump to “Token Profile”.
You will also find that the EOS token information got improved a lot: Token logos, price and Token Profile were improved in this update.
With the help of EOSPark and Blockcc’s we added the top 200 EOS tokens.
Using imToken to manage your multiple addresses
In previous versions, imToken only supported importing up to 3 wallets per chain. This issue has been greatly improved in 2.3.0 by increasing the maximum number of imported wallets to 10. With the new token management, even if there are more wallets, you can still clearly manage the assets of each wallet.
There are so many… waiting for you to discover.
Upgrade from imToken 1 to the latest imToken 2.0
- Android users: Download the latest 2.0 version from imToken website, https://token.im;
- iOS users: Download the latest 2.0 version from App Store.
- imToken has released version 2.0. For 1.0 users, please follow the tutorial below to upgrade 1.0 to 2.0 safely:
imToken 1 is awesome, but have you experienced imToken 2.0’s games and trading features yet?medium.com
If you face any difficulty using imToken or have any comments and suggestions for us, please submit your feedback directly within the app.
- Before upgrading, please make sure that all wallet identities have been backed up properly. Please write down the Mnemonic phrase on a physical paper, never store it in the network;
- Please restrain from sharing your private key, Mnemonic phrase or Keystore to anyone! If you find potential hacking activities in imToken, please report to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to prevent more people from being deceived;
- Please go through our Help Center at https://support.token.im/hc/en-us for more detailed information about imToken