Beta update — Incomee
Progress and lessons learned…
We are really close to the public release of Incomee app and so we would like to share a quick recap on how the beta program went, how the product has changed and what we’ve learned.
First off, thanks to all our beta testers for providing feedback on the Incomee Beta app and being such a massive part of the final product. 🙌
🧮 Let’s see the numbers
We released the Incomee Beta app in 2 rounds during December 2018. In these 8 months we learned a lot and we released some major improvements: such as the notifications system, the client reminder, new currencies and the improvement for the overview chart.
- Incomee team = only 2 🙌 (Guglielmo and Francisco Amado)
- Total # of Testers Given Access to Beta = 100
- # of Testers who Launched the application = 73
- Monthly Active Users = 35
- Average time spent in app = 3:10 min
- App Version updates since the release of the beta = 10
- Crash Free Users = 100% 😍
- Unique feedback received = 28
Top 3 improvements requested
- Signup with email and not only with social — ✅ Next release
- Improve the Add Income with optional fields — 🏗 Working on it
- The chart is unclear — ✅ Improved
Top 3 new features requested
- Invoices — 📐 Planned
- Monthly performance recap — ✅ Released
- Multiple currencies — ✅ Released (US dollar, Euro and Pound)
👨🏫 So what have we learned so far?
- Everyone hates the only facebook login/signup option. It was the quickest option to implement for us at the beginning, but after all your messages we decided to remove it and take the time to work on a proper signup system (next release 😉).
- The most loved aspect of the app is how simple is to add an income, track it with the notification and check the progress on the overview chart.
- Our users would like to connect the app with their bank — something that we planned for the next year but we want to research and study a bit more.
- Our target users are not only full-time freelancers, but also entrepreneurs and full-time employees that do some freelance work.
- App usage is around 1 time per week per user.
- Our beta users have some insightful thoughts and great ideas to improve the user experience of Incomee.
- Everyone loved (ourselves included) the monthly update: release a small update every month, and we will continue with that.
🚀 What’s next?
We are now working hard to finalise the next release that will introduce accounts and a proper signup and login system. We will also improve the User Experience when adding an income, to make it even more simple and flexible.
So what’s next for the Incomee app? We have a lot of big features and improvements planned:
- 💰 An Improved UX for the Add Income —an improved experience to simplify and make it more flexible.
- 🏡 A Redesigned Homepage — to organise your income by clients (we hear you 😉) and to check the past months by just swiping.
- 📊 An Advanced Statistics — with more data that will give you even more power to understand how your business is going.
- 🧾 The Invoices System — to help you spend less time on preparing and sending invoices and
- 🖥 Web app & Android version
Big improvements are coming! 🙌 Stay tuned follow us on Twitter (@incomeeapp) and thanks again to our testers and to everyone who has supported and continues to support Incomee.