#TMPBusinessSavvy — Here’s 10 Things that Successful Entrepreurs Do & Do Well!
1st a reality check
An entrepreneur without a business is just unemployed! But what defines and makes a successful entrepreneur — apart from being prepared to work 80 hours a week, so they don’t have to work 40 for someone else — starts with doing the following 10 things and doing them consistently well.
Take a read and see whether you agree?
- They have a clear Plan in place: For want of a better term, a Business Map, with a 1 — to — 5 year Marketing Strategy and clear and robust targets
2. They have a confirmed Customer Base
3. They manage the Cash: Whilst they may perhaps be generous in Spirit, there is an implicit acceptance that they need to Manage the Cash & Live Within their Means: The old adages ring true — Know Your Costs & Cash is King!
4. They’re transparent: It’s more than simple Good Practice & it’s just easier — They have No Hidden Charges, or Costs — They have A clear Pricing Structure & Billing Procedure — & they recognise this will all contribute to generating Loyalty & Excellent Customer relations going forward
5. They Lead & they Communicate Communicate Communicate: Creating an Urgent Want, making a compelling case, conveying a positive need which only they and their product or service can meet — & if there is a need to Communicate adverse News they do so both with Frankness & in Plain English!
6. They don’t Set Expectations too High: But they do plan for Success — however, they see patience as a virtue & don’t put off making Decisions: Also they remember, the most important thing is to Start — There is never going to be a Right Time, so they don’t waste time waiting for it!
7. They start Things Locally: And have an excellent Work Ethic which they consistently model
8. They grab The Easy Customer First: The first part of their Plan will be to focus on those groups of Customers most suited to the Product or Service being offered
9. They look for Opportunities & Partnerships: They consider working with bigger Companies too if it makes sense and economies of scale can be made and things equitably shared — Their Goal is to get the Product or Service to Market & the best businesses are built and grown by taking & acting on the advice of Smart People; & finally
10. They follow their Passion & their Authentic: Indeed, You might well say, ‘To their own self they’re True’!
Paul Mudd is the author of ‘Uncovering Mindfulness: In Search Of A Life More Meaningful’ available on Amazon and www.bookboon.com; the ‘Coffee & A Cup of Mindfulness’ and the ‘Mindful Hacks For Mindful Living & Mindful Working’ series. He is also a Contributing Author to The Huffington Post and a Contributing Writer to Thrive Global. Through The Mudd Partnership he works with business leaders, organisations and individuals in support of change, leadership excellence, business growth and introducing Mindfulness. He can be contacted at email@example.com and you can follow the continuing journey uncovering Mindfulness on Twitter @TheMindfulBook and at @Paul_Mudd