How to keep focus on Internet
Best Practices to kill any distraction in Internet!
Short answer: Hard.
Long answer: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.
Disclaimer: This is based on my experience and for newbie only.
As a Web Developer, I use internet to open StackOverflow, Google, Email, Social Media, CommitStrip, etc. Everyday I use internet. And as a Web Developer, to keep focus on internet, I use this method:
- Download the documentation offline. Ex: Download Bootstrap/Ruby On Rails Documentation, and run it in your machine.
- Download library you want to use. Ex: You can use bower for Front-end library. Don’t use CDN unless your project going to online/production environment
- Store your favorite music offline. You can use spotify, or if you like ‘noise sound’ while coding, you can streaming it via your mobile
- Get stuck? Need StackOverflow or Google? Use your mobile!
- Unplug your LAN cable or disconnect your wifi network. Make a coffee, and start coding.
After you finishing your work, you can re-plug your LAN cable or reconnect your wifi network, to read some news or meme, writing in Medium, or watch some videos.
I hope this writing help you, now my turn to disconnect my wifi network. Disconnect your internet, and Get your sh*t done!