[LinkedIn Live] — Tuesdays with Ted, Making Podcasting Human with Dr. Jürgen Strauss
Making Podcasting Human with Dr. Jürgen Strauss
A podcast is a tool to begin a conversation and start building a relationship with someone that can lead to business opportunities.
Podcasting is a great way to build deeper connections with your audience. You can use it to share stories, teach valuable lessons, and entertain people. But if you want to be successful at podcasting, you need to think of it as a relationship game. It’s not just about recording a show and putting it out there; instead, you need to put some thought into how the show will make an impact on your listeners’ lives. If you do that right, they’ll become loyal fans who are constantly eager for more episodes.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on Ted Prodromou’s LinkedIn Live Show, Tuesdays with Ted, to talk about making podcasting human. You’ll learn how to use the power of podcasting in order to strengthen connections between yourself and other people in your niche. We also shared some tips for creating an engaging show that keeps listeners coming back for more!
Here are some of the takeaways from our conversation.
- Podcasting is a powerful positioning exercise.
- Podcasting is like a flywheel. As you get better at it, the momentum just doesn’t stop!
- Podcasts are accessible. People can listen to it at any time.
- Podcasting gives people the opportunity to get to know you better; not only in terms of your personality but also how you could possibly help them with knowledge and expertise.
- Always remember that you are there to serve your audience and to provide value to them.
- You can make money WITH your podcast, not from it.
- A podcast is a tool to begin a conversation and start building a relationship with someone that can lead to business opportunities.
- Podcasting is a relationship game.
- There is nothing wrong with using templates, but don’t just send out the same message over and again. Take the time to personalise your template by adding something that would be unique for each recipient.
- Continue nurturing you relationship with your guests even after their episode is published. Thank them for being on your show and keep in touch with them regularly.