Actionable Innovations Global Community Notes
Let’s GLOW! Can you believe it? Nine weeks and counting until the Global Learning for an Open World Conference! Share projects, programs, and ideas for helping students and teachers achieve global competency. Our conference theme is Connections, Competencies, and Creativity, so keep that in mind as you design your session. We’re thrilled with the sessions that have been submitted so far and can’t wait to see YOUR idea! Register today for this global professional development extravaganza!
Speaking of creativity, today is International Dot Day (September 15th), celebrating creativity, courage, and collaboration. Author and illustrator Peter Reynolds’ book The Dot is the inspiration for this annual global celebration, and Peter will be conducting a special event live from a New York museum tomorrow. Register here and bring your class virtually!
If you have events and resources related to global education and innovation, please post details in our online community, and we’ll include this information in our following newsletter. We publish our newsletter on the first and fifteenth of each month.
Thanks for reading!
GLOW Conference Update
- Reserve your space today at the virtual Global Learning for an Open World Conference. This free online event will start on November 18th at noon UTC-6 and end 24 hours later on November 19th. Click here to register to attend.
- Presenters wanted! The Call for Proposals is open through November 1.
- Click HERE to tweet about the conference!
We appreciate you sharing this information with your networks.
- Our partnerships are growing! We are very appreciative of the support from these amazing organizations. Please check out the work of World Savvy, MY HERO Project, Empatico, Global Nomads Group, and Digital Promise! More partners are coming, too.
- Did you miss our fantastic conversation with World Savvy CEO Dana Mortenson last week? Catch the recording and learn more about World Savvy’s equity work. Join us this Friday for an Actionable Innovations Conversation with Heather Singmaster on the topic of global competence.
- The Stevens Institute has a fantastic list of virtual exchange opportunities for all grade levels. Take a look at it here.
- Register now for Digital Promise’s Ciena Solutions Challenge. The Challenge invites educators and students to engage in Challenge Based Learning to design a solution that addresses the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Pulitzer Center is sponsoring a writing contest for students of all ages across the globe. Students are invited to write a letter to a local elected representative explaining a global issue you want them to prioritize, showing how it connects to your local community and proposing a solution.
- World Savvy is partnering with Students Rebuild on the Welcoming Refugees Project! K-12 students are invited to create artwork welcoming refugees that reflects culture, community, and connection.
- The MY HERO International Film Festival is accepting submissions. Details here.
- September 16th
Let’s Talk Global Competence in Education with Heather Singmaster
Learn more here.
- September 21
#GlobalEdChat on Twitter
In honor of Global Goals Week, join the first Twitter chat of the school year and learn about Digital Promise’s Ciena Solutions Challenge and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. At 8 PM ET, there will be a text chat followed by a conversation in Twitter Spaces at 8:30 PM.