This Week on Actionable Innovations Global
Join Us for a Conversation with Ed Tech Leader Alex Inman
Join Us for Actionable Innovations Conversations with Alex Inman
Friday, April 15, 2022–1 PM CDT (GMT-5) — REGISTER HERE (free)
Alex Inman of Educational Collaborators, a division of STS Education will be our featured guest. During this session, Lucy Gray will interview Alex about his entrepreneurial journey, and his thoughts on the future of education. While still a tech director, Alex founded Educational Collaborators, an ed tech and professional development company. EC grew to include over 130 consultants and served as one of the leading K-12 partners in the United States for Lenovo, HP, Microsoft, Google, and others. In 2021, Educational Collaborators was acquired by STS Education. Alex continues to run Educational Collaborators as a division of STS Education and serves as their Chief Academic Officer.
We hope that you’ve had a minute to take a look at our new community, formerly known as the Global Education Conference Network. Below are a few events from us and other global education organizations that might be of interest to you.
Follow us on Twitter at @GlobalEdAction and post your ideas and resources to Twitter using the hashtag #globaled22.
Upcoming AI Global Events
- Are you interested in serving on our new advisory board?
We are seeking volunteers to serve on our advisory board and act as ambassadors for Actionable Innovations Global. Submit an application HERE.
- Visit our new community space at actionableinnovations.global.
Take our survey, update your profile, and explore our resources.
- Actionable Innovations Conversations with Michael Furdyk
Friday, April 22, 2022–1 PM CDT (GMT-5) — REGISTER HERE (free) Canada’s Michael Furdyk will be our guest. Lucy Gray will interview Michael about his personal innovation journey. The discussion will also highlight the social innovation/global education community of practice at innovativeteaching.today. Michael will also share some stories of student-led social innovation and work supporting remote communities.
- Actionable Innovations Conversations with Nicole Tucker-Smith
Friday, April 29, 2022–1 PM CDT (GMT-5) — REGISTER HERE (free)
Nicole Tucker-Smith (Nicole@Lessoncast.com, @MsTuckerSmith), founder and CEO of Lessoncast, helps schools implement professional learning initiatives focused on inclusive teaching and equity best practices. She will join us to share her work and thoughts on why the debate over school curriculum matters to everyone.
Upcoming Events from Other Organizations
- The Center for Global Education at the Asia Society is hosting #GlobalEdChat
Thursday, April 21 at 7 PM CDT (GMT-5).
The topic is innovative uses of tech for global education.
- iEARN-USA Presents SEL in the Global Classroom
Saturday, May 7 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am EDT (GMT-4)
- In this interactive workshop, educators will learn what Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is, its benefits, and its connection to global competence. Through learning practical strategies and participating in hands-on activities, educators will walk away equipped with resources and prepared to develop students’ social, emotional, and global competence and embed globally-focused SEL practices in their instruction. Find out more and register HERE.
- The Students for Equitable Education Summit
Saturday, May 14, 2022
11 a.m.- 3 p.m. ET / 8 a.m.-12 p.m. PT / 10 a.m.-2 p.m. CT
The Students for Equitable Education (SEE) Summit is a student-led movement calling for equitable education that values, honors, and affirms the identity of every student. Additional information is available HERE.