FREE Remediation and Intervention Webinar:
Three Proven Intervention and Remediation Strategies for Effective Instruction
We recently hosted a webinar, Three Proven Intervention and Remediation Strategies for Effective Instruction, in partnership with District Administration. Leading academic experts Vicki Gibson, Nancy Marchand-Martella and Ron Martella provided listeners with evidence-based, comprehensive, tangible strategies for behavioral and academic success in intervention and remediation instruction. Missed the live session? You can find a full recorded version here. Here’s what you can expect to discover when you watch this seminar:
Positive Reinforcement and Behavior Management
- The experts break down the importance of positive reinforcement in behavior management and how to implement a positive reinforcement model in your classroom.
- You’ll discover measurable strategies to establish positive relationships with students — including the types of behavior to recognize, and the types of guidance to provide in response to various behaviors.
- Beyond the immediate effects of improved behavior in the classroom, the experts lay out the long-term consequences of a positive learning environment on academic performance and student retention.
Explicit Instruction and Differentiated Instruction
- You’ll discover how the two are linked — specifically how explicit instruction can be the key to effectively differentiating instruction.
- The experts break down how the implementation of differentiated and explicit instruction can support an understanding of student growth as movement along a continuum of guidance and discovery.
- Then, you’ll discover the Gradual Release of Responsibility Model and the Multi Tiered System of Support for a tangible grasp on implementation that will help you move forward.
- Vicky Gibson explains why explicit feedback at the point of need is a crucial element of intervention.
- Gibson provides administrators with an overview of what they should see when they walk through classrooms, including whole class and small group instruction and collaboration.
Outcomes of State Standards
- Rather than simply focusing on the implementation of state standards, this webinar helps listeners explore the impact of the outcomes of standards.
- Lastly, you’ll get specific, comprehensive links/resources to incorporate an understanding of the impact of standards into your district’s professional development.
To view the recorded webinar in its entirety, watch below:
Interested in taking the next step? Schedule your 15 minute consultative session today by visiting: