I Am Not Sure …
I have said that a lot … “I am not sure …”, “I don’t know …”, “I have heard that …”
- I am not sure if he has fixed this bug already.
- I don’t know who is joining.
- I have heard that they like the option we proposed.
They are not facts. They are just guesses, which we can’t use in a decision-making process.
- If this bug has been fixed, we then are ready for the demo.
- If he isn’t coming, there is no point we be there.
- If they agree with our proposal, then we start talking to the vendors.
I heard myself say that a lot. I heard others say that regularly. Up until yesterday, I asked myself a question — “If you don’t know, why don’t you try to find out?”
My mind changed. Next time, I hear myself start a sentence with “I am not sure”, “I don’t know”, I must end the sentence with “but I will find that out”.
If it is important enough for me to say “I don’t know”, it is important enough to know about it.
Not knowing it for the first time is fine. But if this is the third or the fourth and I still don’t know. There is something wrong with me.
Thinking and writing are the things I like. Sharing is what I love. Because of them, I write everyday to share stories from my thoughts and experiences, from the future I see and believe in. Everything I use to build Inthentic a better home. A home of people who want to do good things and give back. A home that is a small starting point of changes for a better society. I am proud of what I am doing. And even prouder to know that I am not doing it alone.
Thanks for reading. :-)