How to put your Python skills to work in AI
Author: Raymond Lo, AI Software Evangelist
There is a reason Python is one of the fastest growing programming languages. It can simplify complex operations into just a few lines of code, which is probably why Python is the backend of Pinterest, Instagram, and Quora. Where Python really shines is in its use for artificial intelligence and data science. These fields are rapidly growing, and AI is being applied in nearly every market, from healthcare and manufacturing to filmmaking and gaming. We interact with some level of artificial intelligence every day.
This increased use of AI means there is plenty of opportunity to enhance your Python programming skills and make yourself highly marketable as an AI developer.
AI Devs are Building the Future
With all these applications, it makes sense that there are so many jobs for Python developers. A quick look at a recent Stack Overflow survey shows Python proficiency is a highly sought-after coding skill.
So, like any new skill, the best way to get started is by researching and taking some initial training. There are a lot of courses out there and I wanted to share one from Intel®, the Edge AI Certification. This is a self-paced, online training course created by Intel developers to teach you the fundamentals of AI. It includes practical modules to see how different AI applications are built and relate to the world around us.
We’ve created a 30-day challenge to keep you moving through the program and earn rewards along the way.
Here are five reasons to start Intel’s 30-Day AI Dev Challenge today:
- You made the smart move and learned Python, but technology evolves quickly. By completing this challenge, you will sharpen your skills for the latest applications of AI in the job market.
- The certification course you’ll complete as part of the challenge equips you with the right tools and puts your skills to work with real-world examples through hands-on labs.
- You’re a programmer because you like solving problems. With training in the latest Intel® developer tools and platforms, you’ll be ready to address some of the biggest challenges your employer and customers face.
- No matter what stage of your career, adding AI skills to your resume can help keep you moving ahead in a competitive and constantly evolving economic environment.
- AND — by completing the 30-Day AI Dev Challenge you can earn a chance to win a fully loaded gaming laptop and other prizes.
Here’s a breakdown of the challenge and the key topics covered in the hands-on labs:
Week 1: Check your prerequisites and get the base knowledge required for your journey to AI mastery
Week 2: Apply AI classification to retail loss prevention scenarios
Week 3: Use object detection to boost industrial worker safety
Week 4: Discover how image segmentation and style transfer are helping build smart cities
This training is just a piece of what we’re doing at Intel. If you’re interested in AI, I highly recommend you reach out to me or one of our AI developer evangelists and ask questions. We’re helping train developers all over the world through workshops and at events so this is what we’re here for.
Reach out and get to know us!
Zhuo Wu (China — Shanghai) — LinkedIn
Notes & Disclaimers:
- You can start and complete the Intel® Edge AI Certification training course at no charge. If you want official certification and a badge for your profile, you can complete the assessment and review process for $99 a year
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.