FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Netta To Headline InterPride’s Silence To Solidarity Global Concert On March 19th, 2022
March 15, 2022
March 15, 2022
InterPride is excited to announce our official Silence to Solidarity Global Concert headliner, Netta.
With infectious charisma and a voice of endless colors, Netta quietly emerged as a global pop force in 2018. Her Eurovision Song Contest-winning breakout hit “Toy” resounded worldwide, climbing to number one on the Spotify viral chart in 44 countries, including the US, UK, Australia, and her home country, Israel.
Netta is a proud LGBTQIA+ ally and has graced many of Europe’s finest Pride stages across 16 countries, including France, Germany, Poland, England, and Switzerland. She will perform her first U.S. shows in NYC at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Tuesday, March 22nd, and The Bowery Ballroom on Wednesday, March 23rd, and then in Los Angeles for two shows at the Moroccan Lounge on Wednesday, March 30th.
Netta is planning to release new singles this spring and summer and will be performing at various pride events across the U.S this summer. For more information on Netta, go to www.Nettamusic.com.
InterPride aims to raise funds through this event to support the needs of our global LGBTQIA+ community, including queer activists in Ukraine. This 90-minute free virtual event will be broadcast on InterPride’s Facebook Page, InterPride’s Twitch channel, streaming partner, Revry’s YouTube channel, their website (https://watch.revry.tv/Live), and their other broadcasting platforms, on March 19, 2022, at 9:00 PM GMT (2:00 PM PST/ 5:00 PM EST). This global event will also include a diverse range of international artists, inspiring community leaders, actors, and activists.
InterPride is grateful to our partners, Revry, Happy Socks, and Tripadvisor. In 2020, InterPride was one of the main organizers introducing Global Pride. The 27-hour virtual Pride on June 27, 2020, reached a worldwide audience of nearly 60 million viewers in at least 163 countries with more than 36 million social media impressions.
“The Pride movement exists to make a difference in the lives of LGBTQIA+ communities. One of the most effective ways of achieving this goal is to raise funds for those communities that need it most. The Silence to Solidarity Global Concert will be a unique and highly entertaining means of raising funds. We couldn’t be more excited about the incredible talent and creativity featured in the concert,” said Robyn Kennedy, the Vice President of Global Outreach and Partnerships for InterPride.
InterPride will support our member Pride organizations, Kyiv Pride and Kharkiv Pride in Ukraine. To help with the efforts from an unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation by Russia, a portion of the proceeds raised during our upcoming Silence to Solidarity Global Concert will go to these two organizations. We hope the much-needed humanitarian contribution will support and assist the local Ukrainian LGBTQIA+ community during this difficult time.
Additional Concert Information:
For more information about the Silence to Solidarity concert, including ways to support, please check out our website: https://interpride.org/our-work/solidarityconcert.html
About Our Partners:
Happy Socks began in 2008 when two friends shared a vision: to spread happiness by turning an everyday essential into a high-quality colorful design piece. While all Happy Socks are still designed in the Stockholm-based atelier, they are now sold in over 95 countries through Happy Socks concept stores, at selected retailers, and via www.happysocks.com.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel guidance platform, helps hundreds of millions of people each month become better travelers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to discover where to stay, what to do, and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With over 1 billion reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places nearby. As a travel guide company available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy no matter the trip type.
Revry is the LGBTQ-first streaming media network with over 5,000 titles on free live TV, movies, series, news, and exclusive original programming. Its mission is to inspire exploration of LGBTQ content for the community and allies. Revry is led by a diverse founding team with technology, digital media, and LGBTQ advocacy experience. Revry reaches millions of global viewers on connected TV, Smart TV, OTT, and mobile platforms, including Samsung, Vizio, Roku, Apple, Comcast Xfinity, Cox Communications, Google, TiVo, and many others. For more information, check out:
Other confirmed talents include:
- Philemon Chambers (Actor) recently starred in the Netflix original movie, Single All The Way. He started working as an extra when he was 13 years old, where he appeared on shows like Cold Case, Criminal Minds, The Forgotten, Good Luck Charlie, No Ordinary Family, and various commercials (Biography).
- Lea Robinson (Actor | Activist), (A League of Their Own/Twenties), Lea moved to the East Bay area of CA 7 years ago from NYC, where they continued their work in television, film, and theater. Lea is a member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA and is also represented by MadCatch Ent. Manager (Robin McWilliams) and Minc Talent (Mariko Ballentine) in Los Angeles (Biography).
- Angel Bonilla (Singer | Actor | Producer) is a Filipino transwoman who became the first transgender contestant on “The Voice USA,” an American singing competition (Biography).
- Lyle Anthony (Singer | Actor) released his debut EP/Album and his Afro Pop Letter of Love to the World, titled “The Love Project,” in 2021 and continues to wow audiences around the world with his live performance and social media presence (Biography).
- Jennifer Leigh Warren (Singer | Actor) performed in the FOX television musical event RENT: LIVE showcasing her acting and singing versatility as Mrs. Jefferson, Mrs. Cohen, Support Sue, and the Homeless lady (known as the “who the F lady”) (Biography).
- Michael Shepperd (Singer | Actor) is the former Artistic Director of Los Angeles’ award-winning Celebration Theater (Biography).
- Nieri (Singer | Songwriter) (pronounced nee-eh-ree) is a Milan-raised/LA-based artist ready to share his unique brand of pop with the world. Nurtured by his European roots and inspired by his life in LA, Nieri pairs catchy melodies, punchy drums, analog synths, and personal lyrics to create fresh electronic pop that gets you dancing through the night. His first single, “Beautiful Music,” is a club anthem dedicated to the power and freedom of dancing the night away. His debut EP, written and recorded between LA and Stockholm, is slated to come out later this year (Biography).
- Saro (Singer | Songwriter) is known for his soaring vocals set against intricate beats as heard on the critically acclaimed single “Please” as well as his most recent work, “Daddy I Love Him,” an electronic-dipped pop gem mixed with intimate, confessional vocals that play like the “coming out” anthem we need right now (Biography).
- Leopold (Singer) was already part of the Global Pride Livestream 2020 and has made a name for himself on the main stages of several Pride festivals in Germany (Cologne, Munich, Hamburg, among many others) as well as Copenhagen, Prague, and even Madeira (Biography).
- Bandy Kiki (Entrepreneur | Activist) is a Cameroonian entrepreneur and LGBT+ activist. She is the Founder of Kikum Consulting — a marketing and branding consultancy; Rainbow Migration Trustee, Black Beetle Health Trustee, and Living Free UK Director (Biography).
- Mortasay (Duo | Musicians | Actors), Vonyse, and Amy individually and together have performed with such artists as Chaka Kahn, Erykah Badu, Morris Day & the Time, Pat Benatar, Indie Arie, Hillsong, and House of Vibe (Biography).
- Matthew Presidente (Singer | Songwriter) referred to as “one of — if not — the best singer/songwriters our LGBT scene has” by Xtra Magazine (Vancouver), Matty has independently released six full-length records and performed among headliners Ace of Base, Dragonette and even shared a stage with Patti Smith (it’s a story)! Solo, or with his four-piece rock band, Matthew has been showcasing original material at notable Vancouver music venues such as The Roxy, The Railway Club, The Backstage Lounge, and XYYVR (Biography).
- Calpernia Addams (Veteran | Actor | Activist) has been entertaining and speaking out for almost 30 years, on stage and screen in outlets including Sundance, the Oxford Union, Harvard’s ACT, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the New Orleans Superdome, the Hollywood Palladium and countless others (Biography).
Pictures for talent are located here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MdKjAfhXRV2z6BM2LT0pOc0p4BzqNgFn?usp=sharing
Full talent biographies are on the website landing page (Click Here).
InterPride brings together Pride organizations from around the world, as well as regional, national, and local Pride networks, therefore contributing to the global coordination of Pride efforts. InterPride has over 300 member organizations in over 60 countries. Our work impacts millions worldwide through our members. InterPride is also the owner of WorldPride, and InterPod, the official podcast of InterPride. For further reference, please check out:
About InterPride’s Legacy Fund:
The Legacy Fund was established to provide emergency funding for LGBTQIA+ organizations worldwide. The InterPride Legacy Fund recently supported COSF in Uganda for the monthly rental of their LGBTQIA+ shelter. We also provided funds to help families of LGBTQIA+ community members who were heinously murdered in South Africa.
About InterPride’s Solidarity Fund:
The Solidarity Fund, which focuses on the global south and east, supports LGBTQIA+ events worldwide. Since the Solidarity Fund was launched in 2013, monies have been awarded to support the staging of an LGBTQIA+ film festival, a large-scale LGBTQIA+ wedding, and the first public Pride festivities in Jinja, Uganda, and Nassau, The Bahamas.
About InterPride’s Scholarship Fund:
The Pam O’ Brien Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to help financially disadvantaged organizations attend InterPride’s Annual General Meeting and World Conference, which has allowed dozens of Pride organizations to meet and learn from each other.
For Media & Partnership Inquiries, please contact:
- Madonna Cacciatore (she/her/hers), Project Manager, Fund Development & Partnerships, InterPride, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julian Sanjivan (they/them/theirs), Co-President, InterPride, email@example.com
# # #