InterPride April 2022 Newsletter
Lesbian Visibility Week, Grants, Upcoming GM&WC, and MORE!
Limited Time Opportunity
- Donate $50 and get a FREE t-shirt of your choice (WorldPride or InterPride)
- Donate $100 and get a FREE t-shirt and a pronoun keychain of your choice (they/them, she/her, he/him)
- Donate $250 and get a FREE t-shirt, WorldPride or InterPride sticker, pronoun keychain, and a tote bag (WorldPride or InterPride)!
- Signup to be a sustainable donor at $10 a month and get a FREE t-shirt, pronoun keychain, and sticker!
Don’t forget to Snap a picture and share it under the hashtag #WearInterPride!Donor Circle & Partnership Opportunities
Are you interested in our Donor Circle or Partnership Opportunities? Reach out, and we can discuss these very exciting programs with you!
Questions about our programs?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Find events this month on the Pride Calendar
- Canada Pride 2022 | Hosted by Winnipeg, Canada: May 27 — June 5, 2022
- UK Pride 2022 | Hosted by Northern Pride: July 22–24, 2022
- Global Black Pride | Hosted in Toronto, Canada: July 28–31, 2022
- EuroPride 2022 | Hosted in Belgrade, Serbia: September 12–18, 2022
- European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA) Annual General Meeting | Hosted by Torino Pride in Torino, Italy: October 7–9, 2022
- InterPride Annual General Meeting & World Conference 2022 | Hosted by Guadalajara Pride: October 27–30, 2022
- WorldPride 2023 | Hosted in Sydney, Australia: February 17 — March 5, 2023
- EuroPride 2023 | Hosted in Valletta, Malta: September 7–17, 2023
- UK Pride 2023 | Hosted by Weston-super-Mare Pride: July 1–2, 2023
- EuroPride 2024 | Hosted in Thessaloniki, Greece: August 2024
- WorldPride 2025 | Hosted by Kaohsiung Pride Taipei, Taiwan: Oct 24 — Nov 2, 2025
CALL FOR BIDS TO HOST INTERPRIDE GM&WC 2024
- Do you want to host the 2024 General Meeting & World Conference (GM&WC)? Show off your city or region to your InterPride community and help create a meaningful and transformative experience for the global Pride movement.
- Email email@example.com if you are interested in hosting for more information on how to bid.
- Deadline for a letter of interest: May 15, 2022.
Call For Proposals!
Do you have a workshop proposal for the upcoming Annual General Meeting & World Conference (GM&WC)? Submit now!
InterPride’s Global Grant Fund Programs Relaunch!
The Solidarity and Humanitarian Aid Fund Grant Programs are BACK! InterPride Global Grant Fund programs will be continuous and revolving! So you can apply all year round. Click here to learn more about our grant opportunities.
Preventing & Managing Violent Extremism During Pride & LGBTQIA+ Events
17 May 2022 at 2pm PDT | 3pm MDT | 5pm EDT | 9pm GMT | In recent years, Pride organizers have witnessed unprecedented threats to our and an uptick in targeted violence worldwide. This presentation teaches how to manage and prevent violent extremism during Pride & LGBTQIA+ events. Register: https://tinyurl.com/CELLInterPride051722
Global Black Pride 2022
Global Black Pride 2022 will be hosted in Toronto, Canada from July 28–31, 2022! The theme for this year’s first in-person Global Black Pride event is “Celebrating all Black LGBTQI Diversity and Excellence.” Click here to learn more!
Signup Today To Become A Member Of InterPride
We welcome any LGBTQIA+ organization that produces Pride events for their greater community as one of its purposes or activities. Pride events may include a parade, march, rally, festival, arts festival, cultural activity, event or activity organized for people identifying as Lesbian, Gay Men, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and/or other emerging sexual identities. Signup today!
InterPod by InterPride Podcast
The LGBTQIA+ community in Ukraine is at war because of an unprovoked attack from Russia. We hear from those in Ukraine undergoing significant pain and suffering. Please donate to support our friends, family, and loved ones in Ukraine during this challenging time by going to https://tinyurl.com/IPSLF. Listen and subscribe to InterPride’s new podcast, InterPod on Apple!
InterPod by InterPride Podcast
The InterPride podcast series, InterPod, is proud to launch our 9th Special episode, TDOV2022: Celebrating our Transgender Community and Raising Awareness of the Issues. We speak to Transgender activists, advocates, and artists about what Trans Day of Visibility (TDOV) means to them and the current issues that affect their lives. Listen and subscribe to InterPride’s new podcast, InterPod on Apple!
News from European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA): Pride organizations from Lisbon (Portugal) and Magdeburg (Germany) are competing for the right to host EuroPride in 2025! The vote will take place during EPOA’s Annual General Meeting being held October 7–9, 2022 in Torino, Italy. Click here to read more.
Implicit Bias Awareness: Microaggressions
Featuring Richard Brethour-Bell (he/him), V.P. Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion, and Paul Huddleston-White (he/him), Former President, Austin Pride!
Topics of Discussion:
- What is Implicit Bias?
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- Famous Quotes
This program is part of InterPride’s Racism & Oppression Awareness Program.
YOU’RE INVITED! SYDNEY WORLDPRIDE’S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD
The year of WorldPride has officially begun! The new trailer premiered at the 2022 Mardi Gras Parade, featuring Aurora group Founder Jane Marsden, drag icon Courtney Act, Rainbow History Class creator Rudy Jean Rigg, trans activist and mother of the ballroom collective House of Slé Bhenji Ra, Gadigal and Wonnarua artist Daniel McDonald, and Sydney photographer Mitch Major.
In Case You Missed It!
The biggest news hits from March 2022.
European News Update
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) has announced a resolution to the alleged violations of the rights of the LGBTQIA+ community, saying, “a country’s cultural and religious traditions cannot be used to justify discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual characteristics.” Click here to read more!
Ariana DeBose Makes History!
Ariana DeBose, the West Side Story actor who won the 2022 Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, has made history. A Queer Woman of Color is the first to be nominated for and win an Academy Award in an acting category. She embraced award presenters H.E.R. and Daniel Kaluuya in a custom vibrant scarlet Valentino suit-dress hybrid to take the stage to accept the award. Click here to read more!
In 2022, Queerencia will manage InterPride’s official online store and become a member-benefit partner. Queerencia and InterPride’s goal is to teach others about Queer history, promote equality, and build more inclusive settings where everyone may be their authentic selves through this relationship.
InterPride supports being seen as your authentic self. So we’ve teamed up with Notch to allow everyone to create their own personalized charm bracelet. Notch has a wide range of notch charms in their LGBTQIA+ Pride collection.
Follow us on social media:
InterPride Empowers Pride Organizations Worldwide!