InterPride Is Hiring First Executive Director In Its 40-Year History!
As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for championing and elevating the organization’s brand and structure to increase organizational impact in the global LGBTQIA+ community.
InterPride is proud to announce that a search is underway for an Executive Director of InterPride. The Executive Director will be a key staff management leader of InterPride. Their role will include championing and elevating the organization’s brand and structure to increase organizational impact in the community.
We are excited about the next chapter for InterPride. Bringing on an Executive Director is another step in the success and future of InterPride and support for our community — Linda DeMarco, Co-President, InterPride.
Executive Director Full Job Description
Executive Director (Regular Full-Time)
InterPride — ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
InterPride is an international organization that advances the Pride movement by coordinating with global partners who share our values. Achieving legal, social, and cultural equity for SOGIESC communities through the Pride movement is the root of our existence.
Our mission is:
- To contribute to the visibility and inclusion of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristic (SOGIESC) communities.
- To connect, grow, and support Pride Platforms and networks globally.
- To assist the Pride movement in designing and conducting human rights events that deconstruct myths, lies, and prejudices surrounding SOGIESC realities.
- To maximize networking and communication across the global Pride movement, offer resources, grow, and leverage partnerships.
To learn more, please visit interpride.org.
Reporting to the Co-Presidents, the Executive Director is the key staff management leader of InterPride. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for championing and elevating the organization’s brand and structure to increase organizational impact in the community.
The Executive Director will collaborate with the Board of Directors, project managers, consultants, and membership of InterPride to ensure that the organization’s operations, fundraising, marketing, communications, human resources, technology, and event strategies are effectively implemented and continue to serve the changing needs of our diverse international LGBTQIA+ community.
Organizational Strategy and Leadership
- Serve as a true culture builder and carrier; help InterPride define and realize its optimal culture tied to its commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity, anti-racism, gender justice, disability justice, and inclusion of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC)
- Oversee all day-to-day operations (including programming, fundraising, events, communications, and facilities management) and project managers, with ultimate accountability for the success of the organization
- Supervise the performance of duties by employees, contractors, and consultants.
- Take primary responsibility for the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
Board of Directors
- In partnership with the Treasurer and Co-Presidents, formulate the budget and provide leadership and financial management to grow InterPride internally and externally significantly.
- Understand the differing roles of membership, Board of Directors, and project managers, and create an environment that recognizes the importance of each of these segments of InterPride.
- Foster and develop a healthy internal culture; serve as an example for inclusive leadership, and champion a safe working space.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures, including an Employee Handbook.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
External Presence and Financial Management
- Oversee the enhancement of InterPride’s public image by being active and visible in the community, fostering relationships with community leaders, and working closely with other nonprofits, professional/governmental organizations, and sponsors/partners in collaboration with the Development Project Manager.
- Market and brand the organization to heighten its profile and influence and raise funds to support its mission.
- Partner with the Development Project Manager and Grants Project Manager to develop and maintain a plan to diversify revenue streams. Develop and maintain successful relationships with various funders, including corporate, foundation, government, and individual major gift prospects.
- Fundraise sufficient revenues to achieve the financial operation that carries out InterPride’s mission, maintain the organization’s fiscal integrity, and work closely and collaboratively with the organization’s Treasurer and Bookkeeper.
- Maintain fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a favorable financial position.
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and provide (in a timely and accurate manner) all information necessary for the Board of Directors to function correctly and to make informed decisions.
- As a designee of the Co-Presidents, be prepared to serve as one of InterPride’s primary spokespersons with constituents, partners, the media, and the general public.
- Implement Board policies, goals, and objectives in conjunction with the Co-Presidents, and Board of Directors in alignment with governance and bylaws.
- Expand Board diversity and effectiveness by assisting with the identification and recruitment of Board members and supporting their development.
- Provide regular reports to the Board and attend Board meetings.
- Attend committee meetings and other meetings as required as an” ex officio” member.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least eight years of experience in business and/or nonprofit/management. Experience building and leading teams and guiding team members’ growth and development are preferred.
- An unwavering commitment to SOGIESC, LGBTQIA+ issues, anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion, with an ability to serve as an exemplar for the organization’s values and foster an inclusive and respectful workplace.
- An authentic and transparent passion for InterPride’s mission.
- Multilingual preferred.
- Strong managerial and financial skills with significant experience leading strategic and operational planning and budgeting.
- Experience leading or collaborating with a Board of Directors.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated success in raising funds from various sources, including foundations, corporations, and individual major donors.
- Superb written and oral communication skills, with experience communicating effectively in one-on-one and large group settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of building solid relationships cross-functionally and externally. Existing relationships with (or knowledge of) other LGBTQIA+ organizations are a plus.
- Proven ability to create and maintain a collegial and positive work environment with high morale, professional standards, and productivity.
- Meticulous organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain robust systems and processes.
- At least five years of leadership experience: take the initiative and can work independently while remaining consultative and open to input.
- Emotionally mature and agile in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in various productivity platforms, online services, and databases, such as Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Dropbox, Eventbrite (or similar).
This is a remote work position with light travel required.
During the execution of InterPride events (such as conferences, partner, and sponsor locations), the Executive Director will be expected to be onsite and may be required to perform duties outdoors. The work may entail travel in seasonal conditions. This position often involves high pressure and frequent evening and weekend meetings.
Some work during holiday periods may be required. Regular attendance at online organizational meetings, occasional in-person meetings, and events will also be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
InterPride provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment will be decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for support at: email@example.com.