InterPride July 2022 Newsletter
We are halfway through 2022 and excited to see the numerous Pride events happening around the globe!
As we adapt to live with COVID-19, InterPride is eager to get back out there and meet our members worldwide. InterPride will be represented by Debbie Brixey, our Vice President from the UK, and Board Co-President, Hadi Damien, from Lebanon, at the 2022 UK Pride in Newcastle upon Tyne this weekend. In addition, our Vice President, Richard Brethour-Bell, will attend the first in-person Global Black Pride in Toronto, Canada. Please follow us on our social media for more updates on their travels. In addition, we hope you will enjoy reading about our happenings in this month’s newsletter.
InterPride Is Hiring First Executive Director In Its 40-Year History!
InterPride is proud to announce that a search is underway for an Executive Director of InterPride. The Executive Director will be a key staff management leader of InterPride. Their role will include championing and elevating the organization’s brand and structure to increase organizational impact in the community. Click here to learn more!
Call For Proposals! Deadline Extended to July 31st!
Do you have a workshop proposal for the upcoming Annual General Meeting & World Conference (GM&WC)? Submit now!
2022 Pride Collection!
Check out our newest product line at the InterPride store! Don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on social media with the hashtag #WeAreInterPride!
Want us to post a picture on our social media channels? Do you have a social media link with an important LGBTQIA+ event, issue, or story? How about an upcoming important date or podcast segment proposal? Please feel free to submit it on our Member Support Services Form! We look forward to supporting our members!
Silence to Solidarity Global Concert REPLAY is on YouTube!
To support the needs of our LGBTQIA+ community, InterPride is resharing the Silence to Solidarity Global Concert. This virtual concert was streamed live in March to help raise funds to support the LGBTQIA+ community. Join us again in solidarity by watching, donating, and sharing this information with others! Click Here to read more.
Signup Today To Become A Member Of InterPride
We welcome any LGBTQIA+ organization that produces Pride events for their greater community as one of its purposes or activities. Pride events may include a parade, march, rally, festival, arts festival, cultural activity, event or activity organized for people identifying as Lesbian, Gay Men, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and/or other emerging sexual identities. Signup today!
Webinar: Maximizing Partnership Potential in 2023 Power Hour with EventHub
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM PT | 2:00 PM ET | 6:00 PM GMT
This “Power Hour” session, with InterPride’s member benefit partner EventHub, will cover how Pride organizers can maximize partnerships. Space is limited, so register to participate today! Signup here!
Strategic Plan 2022–2024
InterPride just launched its latest strategic plan for 2022–2024. The overall goal of the Strategic Plan is to:
1. Advance the global Pride movement
2. Implement a new organizational model
3. Increase funding for grants and operations
4. Enhance and grow stakeholder operations
5. Improve the organization’s operations
6. Increase organization capacity by transitioning the Board’s role from operations to governance
You can click here to read more.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Find events this month on the Pride Calendar
- UK Pride 2022 | Hosted by Northern Pride: July 22–24, 2022
- Global Black Pride | Hosted in Toronto, Canada: July 28–31, 2022
- EuroPride 2022 | Hosted in Belgrade, Serbia: September 12–18, 2022
- European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA) Annual General Meeting | Hosted by Torino Pride in Torino, Italy: October 7–9, 2022
- UKPON Conference 2022 | Cardiff, Wales, UK: October 2022
- InterPride Annual General Meeting & World Conference 2022 | Hosted by Guadalajara Pride: October 27–30, 2022
- Region 12 Conference | Chemnitz, Germany: October 28–30, 2022
- WorldPride 2023 | Hosted in Sydney, Australia: February 17 — March 5, 2023
- EuroPride 2023 | Hosted in Valletta, Malta: September 7–17, 2023
- UK Pride 2023 | Hosted by Weston-super-Mare Pride: July 1–2, 2023
- InterPride World Conference & General Meeting 2023 | San Diego, California, US: October 25–29, 2023
- EuroPride 2024 | Hosted in Thessaloniki, Greece: August 2024
- WorldPride 2025 | Hosted by Kaohsiung Pride Taipei, Taiwan: October 24 — November 2, 2025
Donor Circle & Partnership Opportunities
Are you interested in our Donor Circle or Partnership Opportunities? Reach out, and we can discuss these very exciting programs with you!
Questions about our programs? Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, Happy Socks wants to make a direct impact on supporting the LGBTQI+ community rather than creating a catchy and colorful pride campaign. InterPride will receive 10% of the profits from all products in the Happy Socks Pride Collection sold throughout 2022. Shop Now!
InterPride supports being seen as your authentic self. So we’ve teamed up with Notch to allow everyone to create their own personalized charm bracelet. Notch has a wide range of notch charms in their LGBTQIA+ Pride collection.