InterPride September 2022 Newsletter
InterPride’s Annual General Meeting & World Conference | LAST CHANCE FOR LATE REGISTRATION OCTOBER 1st!
The following officer positions on the InterPride Board of Directors will be up for election this year:
- One (1) Co-President three-year term seat, female-identified
- Two (2) Vice Presidents, Global Outreach and Partnership Management seats (one of whom should be female-identified)
Each position will serve a three (3) year term from 2022–2025.
The nomination period CLOSES on 13 October 2022 at 15:00 GMT.
As per the amendment to the Bylaws approved by the membership in November 2021, there will be no further nominations taken from the floor during the Annual General Meeting & World Conference.
Apply now at: https://interpride.net/candidate2022
InterPride’s Annual General Meeting & World Conference
LAST CHANCE FOR LATE REGISTRATION OCTOBER 1st!
HURRY! The conference is almost here, and the last chance for late registration ends on OCTOBER 1, 2022!
InterPride’s 2022 Annual General Meeting & World Conference (AGM & WC) registration is ALMOST CLOSED! The AGM & WC will be hosted by our member organization, Guadalajara Pride, from October 27–30, 2022, at the Hilton Guadalajara! We are excited and looking forward to getting back in person. Join us for the first time in InterPride’s history of hosting our annual conference in a Latin American country!
Help raise funds for InterPride’s grants and scholarship programs by donating prizes!
A silent auction of fabulous prizes will be conducted during this year’s AGM and World Conference! The auction will be conducted online and open to all members.
We are requesting our members, sponsors, and supporters to donate items for auctioning, such as Pride memorabilia, tickets to Pride events, books about Pride, handmade jewelry, tickets to popular shows, rare/vintage spirits & wine, flights, VIP experiences, weekend guest accommodation and bundles of goodies.
GORGEOUS DRAG: Exhibition Closing Event with Elizabeth Waterman: A Panel on Drag Activism, Culture, and Influence! Register now by clicking here!
Webinar: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell | Eleven Years Later
On September 20, 2011, the government of the United States officially repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” legislation that had previously enabled LGBTQIA+ people to serve in the U.S. military only if they kept their sexual orientation a secret. Veterans discharged due to DNDT were allowed to re-enlist after the repeal on September 20, 2011. But, eleven years later, what has changed?
Richard Brethor-Bell, V.P. Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion at InterPride, will host a discussion with three veterans who served while “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was still enacted. The webinar is part of InterPride’s Racism & Oppression Awareness Program (ROAP).
2022 Pride Collection!
The Pride Collection 2022 Is Simple Yet Bold. We want you to express who you are in a fun & FABULOUS way! So start turning heads while you strut down your path with our Pride Collection, and continue to show the world that we exist.
Check out our newest product line at the InterPride store! Don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on social media with the hashtag #WeAreInterPride!
Submit the request here: Member Service Request Form!
Implementing InterPride’s Strategic Plan 2022–2024, which members approved in April 2022, necessitates several amendments to the InterPride Bylaws.
Accordingly, a proposed set of revised bylaws has been developed and approved by the Board of InterPride.
Voting on amendments to the Bylaws will commence following the 2022 Annual General Meeting & World Conference (AGM & WC) hosted in Guadalajara, October 27–30, 2022.
Voting will be conducted electronically over 72 hours to ensure all members have the opportunity to vote.
This webinar will explain the rationale and effect of the proposed Bylaw amendments before the AGM & WC. Links to items for review:
Two chances to register:
- September 27, 2022, at 12:00 pm GMT https://interpride.net/bylaws1
- September 28, 2022, at 2:00 am GMT https://interpride.net/bylaws2
Strategic Plan 2022–2024
InterPride just launched its latest strategic plan for 2022–2024. The overall goal of the Strategic Plan is to:
- Advance the global Pride movement
- Implement a new organizational model
- Increase funding for grants and operations
- Enhance and grow stakeholder operations
- Improve the organization’s operations
- Increase organization capacity by transitioning the Board’s role from operations to governance
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Find events this month on the Pride Calendar
- EuroPride 2022 | Hosted in Belgrade, Serbia: September 12–18, 2022
- European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA) Annual General Meeting | Hosted by Torino Pride in Torino, Italy: October 6–9, 2022
- UKPON Conference 2022 | Cardiff, Wales, UK: October 14–16, 2022
- InterPride Annual General Meeting & World Conference 2022 | Hosted by Guadalajara Pride: October 27–30, 2022
- Region 12 Conference | Chemnitz, Germany: October 28–30, 2022
- United States Association of Prides (USAP) | Minneapolis, MN, USA: January 26–29, 2023
- WorldPride 2023 | Hosted in Sydney, Australia: February 17 — March 5, 2023
- EuroPride 2023 | Hosted in Valletta, Malta: September 7–17, 2023
- UK Pride 2023 | Hosted by Weston-super-Mare Pride: July 1–2, 2023
- InterPride World Conference & General Meeting 2023 | San Diego, California, US: October 25–29, 2023
- EuroPride 2024 | Hosted in Thessaloniki, Greece: August 2024
Donate to InterPride
Donor Circle & Partnership Opportunities
Are you interested in our Donor Circle or Partnership Opportunities? Reach out, and we can discuss these very exciting programs with you!
- Click here to learn more about our Donor Circle Program
- Click here to learn more about how to Partner with InterPride
Questions about our programs? Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, Happy Socks wants to make a direct impact on supporting the LGBTQI+ community rather than creating a catchy and colorful pride campaign. InterPride will receive 10% of the profits from all products in the Happy Socks Pride Collection sold throughout 2022. Shop Now!
InterPride supports being seen as your authentic self. So we’ve teamed up with Notch to allow everyone to create their own personalized charm bracelet. Notch has a wide range of notch charms in their LGBTQIA+ Pride collection.