SEND IN YOUR SECRETS. The Secret Writer Medium Profile Is Now A Thing.
Holding in secrets sucks. I know all about secrets. I used to hold in my secrets, my shame, my problems and my feelings. I still hold in my feelings. I can’t remember the last time I cried. It’s been years. I still have some secrets I’ve never shared. Everyone does. Some secrets poison us while others just lie dormant inside, insulating us from the judgment of the world. It’s good to keep some secrets to yourself, but it’s awful when you’re burdened with a horrible secret that won’t be erased from your mind, no matter how hard you try to get rid of it.
Today I created the Secret Writer Medium profile. You see, a friend had a terrible secret she wanted to get out into the world, but she didn’t want it attached to her name. Secrets are horrible that way. You want to release them, but you’re too afraid of the consequences, so you just stuff them down deep inside. They feel shameful and like poison. You don’t want to get them out, for fear that they will make you feel even sicker. But you also want relief, the kind of relief that comes when you finally tell your secret to a trusted friend.
I’ve had a few secrets that poisoned me. About ten years ago I almost got sucked into the mafia. One of my best friends worked for the mafia and she got me involved by association. I never wanted to be in the mafia, and I told her repeatedly that I wanted nothing to do with them, but by then it was too late since I knew too much information. I have a habit of asking way too many questions……about everything.
My insatiable curiosity about all things accidentally got me loosely involved with the mafia. My phone was being tapped and other things started happening that scared the crap out of me. I wasn’t technically in the mafia, but I was being actively recruited by them and they had access to all the information that passed through my phone and probably way more than that. I was scared to tell my family what was going on for fear that I would then ensnare them in the mafia, too. I really could have benefitted from a Secret Writer service back then.
I created a Secret Writer account for people to use in order to tell their secrets. The process is straightforward:
- Send your secret to email@example.com.
- I will never reveal your identity to anyone, so this is 100% anonymous.
- If you have a photo preference, email that too, but it’s not necessary.
- Your story will appear in the Secret Writer Medium profile and will also be put in my publication, Into The Raw.
- All secrets will be tagged, secret writer, so your secrets can be found easily in Medium. Don’t worry though, I’ll make sure they get tagged.
- The only reason I would reveal your identity, is if law enforcement requested it.
- I will not accept any stories that are written by perpetrators of violent abuse. The Secret Writer profile was created to help those who are victims, not abusers. I may accept or reject any story, based on personal whim.
- SEND ME YOUR SECRETS.
Alexainie, this explains pretty well how the process works. Thanks for reaching out recently.