How To Borrow Against IOST on Constant P2P Lending Platform
IOST is now officially listed as collateral on Constant P2P Lending Platform and IOST holders can begin leveraging their assets for competitive P2P loans of 66% loan-to-value ratio and 9% ARP in interest rate. To celebrate this launch, IOST users shall enjoy a special discount on the interest rate for a limited time.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to start borrowing against IOST on Constant
Step 1: Create an Account on Constant
Click Sign in in the upper-right hand corner.
Fill in your email and password
If you already have a Constant account, type in your email (1) and password (2), then click on Log in.
If you don’t have an account, click Sign up for free (3)
Type your email (1) and password (2) in the designated boxes, then click on Sign up for free (3) to complete. An email will be sent to your email address.
Open the Constant email, click on the hyperlink to verify your email.
Now, you can start borrowing on Constant.
Head back to https://www.myconstant.com/borrow
Step 2: Start Borrowing on Constant
- Start with filling in the following information
- The amount you want to borrow (1a) and the amount of collateral you wish to use (this will automatically be set to 150% of the loan value) (2a).
- Choose the currency type for your loan (1b) and the collateral you will use (in this case, IOST) (2b).
2. Select the rate and term you wish to match at
- For the most common market rate, you can toggle the “Use market rate” switch (3), then click “Borrow Cash” (5) to proceed.
- You can also manually enter your desired rate (4a) and term length (4b), then click Borrow Cash (5) to proceed.
3. Transfer your IOST to get matched with an investor
Use the QR Code scanner of your crypto wallet to scan the QR Code on screen. Or you can click on the “copy-paste symbol” to copy the address and paste it in your wallet. When you have completed, you will get your loans within 12 hours.
Your IOST will be kept safely by our partner Bitgo — a prominent leader of crypto asset protection.
Step 3: Manage Your Loans
Now to manage your loans, go to https://www.myconstant.com/accounts
Click Loans to see your loan status
Here, you will see 3 statuses:
- Pending: Loans that need you to send collateral to. To send, click on the copy symbol to copy and paste the address into your crypto wallet. Or click on Cancel to give up the loan.
- Matching: Loans that are in the process of being matched with investors.
- Matched: Loans that have successfully been matched to investors. They have been sent to your Constant account.
Step 4: Withdraw Funds to Your Personal Account
- For a fiat withdrawal, a KYC validation is required to transfer the money into your personal account.
- For a withdrawal to crypto coins, no KYC validation is needed.
For Fiat money, click on Fiat then input the following information
- Type in the amount you wish to transfer (1)
- Click to choose your payment method (2)
If your payment method is bank transfer, you will need to fill in the following information.
C. Type in your bank country
D. Type in your account number
E. Type in your bank account name
F. Type in your bank swift code
G. Type in your bank name
H. Type in some notes if you want
For crypto coins, click on Crypto and fill in this information
- Type in your amount (USD)
- Choose the stablecoins
- Click to choose address type: ETH or TOMO
- Type in your ETH or TOMO address
- Click send to complete. You will receive the money within 1 hour.
How to Double the Amount of IOST with Constant
This tutorial is conducted by a Constant team member.
At first, I had 100,000 IOST in my wallet.
I used them all to borrow USD.
With 1 IOST = $0.004979 USD (as of January 6, 2020)
After getting matched, I received $329.82 USD in my Constant account.
I used this money to buy IOST on Binance, I got 66,242 IOST coins (1 IOST = $0.004979 USD)
Next, I continued to borrow against the IOST I just bought (66,242 IOST):
After getting matched, I received $218.48 USD
I continued using this money to get 43,880 IOST coins.
Again, I continued to borrow against 43,880 IOST coins:
After getting matched, I got $144.72 USD, then I used it to buy another 29,066 IOST coins.
As you can see, starting from 100,000 IOST to: 100,000 + 66,242 + 43,880 + 29,066 = 239,188. I now have over x2 amount to hold. Imagine the price going up, I will make more money than I normally should have.
But remember, If your IOST collateral goes down in value, specifically down to 125%, 120%, and 115%, you will need to top up more coins to keep the original value of your collateral will be liquidated. If your IOST collateral goes up in value, you can recall the excess. You can manage your loans through your Constant Account page so you know how much to repay and when.
Headquartered in California, Constant is an alternative financial services platform designed to strip out the inefficiencies of the traditional banking industry and help people get more out of their money. Constant was founded by a team of scientists, economists, engineers, and designers, fully devoted to the mission of building simple, elegant financial tools for an increasingly interconnected world. They are backed by PrimeTrust and the FDIC and work closely with custody services like Bitgo to insure collateral.
Constant (myconstant.com) is the fastest-growing p2p platform using cryptocurrency as collateral in Asia. Its matched volume has already reached 4,000,000 USD with a steady 300% monthly growth rate. Constant partners with more than 60 token projects in increasing their coin’s use case and earn benefit for both parties in terms of branding and profit.
Join the IOST Community!
Just two months after the launch of mainnet, IOST is now one of the Big 4 Public Chains for DApps alongside Ethereum, EOS, and Tron. IOST has already surpassed Ethereum in network transactions while maintaining high levels of decentralization.
IOST’s Partner Program is widely praised as the globally leading staking program by numerous blockchain research institutions with attractive returns, low risk and ease of use being some of the key program highlights. To learn more and participate in one of the world’s top staking program, please visit: https://www.iostabc.com/producers
If you would like to hang out with the IOST community on chat, social media or to discuss product development, we have something for everyone:
- International English Telegram Group: t.me/officialios
- IOST Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/IOStoken
- Jimmy Zhong Twitter: https://twitter.com/jimmyzhong_iost
- Slack Developer Community: https://invite.iost.io
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/IOStoken
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IOSTofficial/
- Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/IOST-FB-Group