Amid the spike in interest, IOST continues to witness important partnerships and asserting our position as a leader in the smart contract platforms in the first half of 2021.
The basic technology behind IOST supersedes 37 high-profile competitors, including EOS and Ethereum, per the latest ranking from the Center for Information and Industry Development (CCID) shows.
IOST’s growth was also fuelled by the progressive developments of our core partners, strategic blockchain integrations, new exchange listings, and engaging community events.
On top of the expanded and solid community base and node partner ecosystem, IOST’s compelling milestones are in alignment with our H1 2021 Roadmap, in which the following were achieved:
- A stable, steady, and zero-downtime mainnet that has hosted over 587 million transactions
- A holistic DeFi ecosystem that accommodates more stablecoins such as HUSD, JPYA, and USDA
- A successful quest for blockchain interoperability with a completed cross-chain bridge with Polkadot
- Accelerating NFT offerings that transcend gaming and empower artists
- Critical collaborations with top global organizations which include but not limited to top exchanges (Europe exchange Bitpanda, popular crypto app Crypto.com, global exchange Gate.io as well as the leading India exchange WazirX), global top staking platform (Moonstake.io), Blockchain Center of the University of Zurich in Switzerland, and many more.
Over and above this highlight, the story behind our growth is incomplete without IOSTIANS’ unwavering support and your faith in our vision, to whom we’d like to extend our most sincere gratitude.
Looking towards the future, IOST is thrilled to unveil with you many exciting news and collaborations. Among those are the IOST-powered Revival NFT Marketplace, the alliances with top education institutions, wider global expansions through exchange listings, and strategic blockchain partnerships in the pipeline.
We will remain committed to bringing blockchain to the masses and build a wide array of services that add value to IOSTIANS.
2. Ecosystem Growth
- Completion of the cross-chain testnet for Polkadot & cross-chain transfer bridge
- Partnership with LinkFlow Finance to Expand DeFi Ecosystem
- Partnership with Polkadot’s Cross-Chain Privacy Protocol Raze Network
- Tokenlink by Platinum Egg: NFT Marketplace Launches on IOST, Sets to Implement IP from Entertainment Games
- Tokenlink Update: Users Original Content Trading
- Japan-based HashPalette to Optimize NFTs for Global Users
- Renowned Japanese Manga Artist Releases 1st NFT on IOST
- Lootdex’s one-click creation and issuance of NFT assets on IOST
- Official launch of HUSD on IOST
- Japanese Yen-pegged Stablecoin JPYA on IOST
- USD stablecoin USDA on IOST
- Integration of IOST in Bitkeep
- Successful phase 1 of the integration of Japan’s Medical Project — Pracs
- Official launch of the Citadel one mobile app
- XPET’s 2D Game “Dream Monster” on IOST
2.5. Exchange Listings
3. Community Growth
3.1. Community Profiles
3.2. Community Events
- 1,000 Redeemable NFT Tokens Giveaway to Celebrate HUSD Launch
- Binance staking officially joined the IOST node ecosystem with a big staking event.
- Korea’s Donnie Finance’s Airdrop 10% of DON to IOST Holders
- IOST NFT “The Wind” — Limited & Final Edition IOST’s NFT Giveaways
- Binance Staking 2nd “Spring Staking” Promo with Up to 27.49% APY on IOST
- IOST Fan Contest | Win IOST Mugs with Your Fanmade Pictures!
- Binance Staking Launched 2nd “High-Yield Staking Offer.”
- Moonstake Wallet account giveaway
- IOST listing event x Bitpanda
High fees and slower transaction times on the Ethereum network have left the door open for new solutions to emerge, and IOST is one such project that has been gaining traction since its mainnet launch in 2019.
Backed by major financial and VC firms such as Sequoia, Matrix, and ZhenFund, IOST is a pioneering decentralized, high-throughput, gas-efficient Proof-of-Believability-powered smart contract platform built to tackle the scalability trilemma once and for all. For this, the concluding ranking from China’s CCID ranked IOST as the best blockchain platform under Basic Technology, better than Ethereum, EOS, and every other smart-contracting platform evaluated by the agency. This is a testament to the quality and ability to roll out a better, innovative product and reflective of our true desire to be the best in the sphere.
Being one of the public chain leaders in terms of adoption, performance, and utility, IOST remains committed to our mission to unleash the power of blockchain. IOST currently has the ever-expanding 500,000 community members in over 20 countries, over 400 nodes, a top staking economy, symbiotic relationships with corporations dotted worldwide.
If you would like to hang out with the IOST community on chat, social media, or to discuss product development, we have something for everyone: