IOST’s Technology Tops the 24th CCID Global Index For The 4th Consecutive Time
For the 4th time, IOST successfully tops the basic-tech category in the Center for Information and Industry Development (CCID), under China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology as released on 10 June 2021.
This is a comprehensive assessment and ranking of 37 well-known global public blockchain projects. In this evaluation period and right after IOST’s Hat-Trick in the previous ranking, IOST has successfully kept its first position in the basic technology sub-index, granting it the bronze medal in the overall ranking, surpassing major competitors such as TRON, Tezos, and QTUM blockchain.
CCID started conducting its Global Public Chain Technology Evaluation at the beginning of 2018. It is organized and implemented by CCID (Qingdao) Blockchain Research Institute Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. The evaluation work is carried out in collaboration with several organizations, such as CCIDWise network security research institute, China Software Evaluation Center, “Cyberspace Security” magazine, etc. which are updated every two months.
CCID (Qingdao) Blockchain Research Institute is an independent legal entity approved by the Ministry of Industry and the Ministry of Information Technology and established by China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. CCID is an organization specialized in blockchain consulting and technical services and also part of the Secretariat of China Blockchain Ecosystem Alliance.
Third position in the CCID Global Index
In addition to the overall ranking, the CCID center assesses the crypto projects based on three categories: basic technology, applicability, and creativity.
- The Basic technology sub-index evaluates the technical development, functionality, performance, security, and grade of decentralization.
- The Applicability sub-index evaluates the comprehensive level of support for actual applications. The main four aspects are the node ecosystem deployment, wallet compatibility, development support, and the implementation of applications.
- The Innovation sub-index evaluates the continuous innovation of the public chain. The evaluation points include the developers’ team’s size, the frequency of code updates, and how influential the code is.
Surpassing many major competitors such as TRON, Tezos, and NEO , IOST secured a third position in the global index based on the assessment of its first-class basic technology. This is another testament to IOST’s high-level practical application development and continuous innovation.
First position in Basic technology
IOST successfully defended its champion title of the Basic technology sub-index scoring 106.7 points once again. This sub-index mainly evaluates the technical development, functionality, performance, security, and grade of decentralization, as described above, categories in which IOST has obvious advantages over other public chains.
- World’s first decentralized scalable platform that can simultaneously support thousands of nodes and high TPS
- Developer friendly
- 0 security issues after mainnet launch
- Original PoB consensus mechanism to ensure high decentralization of IOST blockchain network
Join the IOST Community!
Supported by Sequoia, Matrix, ZhenFund, and other major investors, IOST is an enterprise-level blockchain platform developed for online service providers.
The IOST project team is currently mainly composed of R&D personnel focusing on blockchain distributed technology. The team is formed by experienced blockchain industry experts who have graduated from world top universities such as Princeton, Stanford, MIT, Tsinghua University, and Beijing University.
With a two-year-old mainnet, IOST has swiftly risen to become a world-leading public chain renowned for its numerous government collaborations and enterprise partnerships around the world. IOST is one of the Big Four public chains with a rich user base and real applicability alongside Ethereum, EOS, and TRON. 500,000 community members, over 20 countries worldwide, over 400 nodes, top staking economy, and growing.
IOST’s Node Program is widely praised as the globally leading staking program by numerous blockchain research institutions with attractive returns, low risk, and ease of use are some of the key program highlights. To learn more and participate in one of the world’s top staking programs, please visit here.
If you would like to hang out with the IOST community on chat, social media, or to discuss product development, we have something for everyone:
- International English Telegram Group
- IOST Announcement Channel
- IOST Official Twitter
- IOST CTO Terry Wang Twitter
- IOST CEO Jimmy Zhong Twitter
- Slack Developer Community
- Facebook Page