Five Ways To Beat Procrastination
Every one of us feel lazy at times and we dwell upon wasting our precious time that can be utilized in productive ways to complete our projects, get homework done or pursuing life goals. It is not something that you should be ashamed of. You should rather use that time to figure out what are the reasons due to which you are procrastinating continuously. If this destructive habit of procrastination is not addressed it can become paralyzing in many ways.
Following are some strategies to beat procrastination:
1) Setting Life GOALS: Setting Life Goals is an amazing way to visualize how you want to see yourself in the future. All you have to do is take a pen and paper and write the goals that you want to achieve in 5 years and then break them down on yearly goals to achieve, then monthly and finally weekly milestones.
2) Schedule Time: Keep your goals that you want to achieve and schedule your daily time so that you can complete every task and give priority to the tasks that may help you complete your life goals as soon as possible.
3) Break big projects into smaller tasks: We all get stuck sometimes when we are handling big projects. A simple way to deal with that problem is to break large tasks into smaller ones and incorporate them in you daily schedule.
4) Visualizing success: Just think about the rewards that you will get after completing each task. Some of the tasks may not be rewarding on an immediate basis but think of them as planting a tree that will grow and produce tasty fruits one day that will make your life happy and comfortable.
5) Finally, DO IT ALREADY: Now after doing all the hard work of setting the life goals, planning your schedule and visualizing success, the only easy thing that you have to do is follow the plan and do all the things mentioned in your own GPS of life that will guide you.
All you have to do now is to implement these strategies and see yourself becoming a better person each day financially as well as socially. Defeating procrastination is a simple matter of coming out of the destructive loop by taking control of your mood. By implementing these strategies, you can put yourself in the mood to get things done and you will see drastic changes in your life that will not only help you grow your career but will also uplift your confidence as well.
Originally published at www.iot-records.com.