Previously in the Step-by-step guide to setting up IPEVO document cameras with Google Meet, we’ve detailed the steps for setting up your IPEVO document camera with Google Meet for online meetings. Today, we’re going to show you the process of setting up screen sharing with an IPEVO document camera and IPEVO Visualizer in Google Meet. This setup comes in handy when you need to share any physical materials or documents while in an online meeting.
List of materials needed
Before you start, make sure you have the following on hand:
- An IPEVO document camera
- A computer with Google Chrome browser installed
- A G Suite account or a Google account
- Google Meet
- IPEVO Visualizer software
Here are the steps to setting up your IPEVO document camera for screen sharing in Google Meet.
2. Download IPEVO Visualizer software onto your computer. You can download it here. Then, launch it on your computer. Next, select your document camera as the camera source in it.
3. Place your material under the document camera and check its live image in Visualizer. Adjust the multi-jointed stand and camera head of the document camera to get a view that best suits your needs.
4. When you’re ready, launch Google Meet to start a meeting. To open Google Meet, type meet.google.com into the address bar. Alternatively, you can go to Google apps located at the top right of the browser page and select the Meet app in the list of apps that appear.
Note: Do not use your document camera as the camera source for your online meeting in this step. Instead, use the computer’s built-in webcam.
5. To share your screen, click Present now located at the lower right of your meeting window.
6. On the pop-up menu, click A window and you’ll see all the application windows that you can choose to share.
7. Locate Visualizer on the pop-up window. Select it and click the blue Share icon at the bottom.
And there you go. Now you can easily share your materials while in a Google Meet meeting or class!
Enjoyed this article? Please 👏 to share it and follow us (IPEVO) on Medium. Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: