Previously in the Step-by-step guide to setting up IPEVO document cameras with Webex, we’ve detailed the steps for setting up your IPEVO document camera with Webex for online meetings. Today, we’re going to show you the process of setting up screen sharing with an IPEVO document camera and IPEVO Visualizer in Webex. This setup comes in handy when you need to share any physical materials or documents while in an online meeting.
List of materials needed
Before you start, make sure you have the following on hand:
Here are the steps to setting up your IPEVO document camera for screen sharing in Webex.
- Plug in an IPEVO document camera to your computer via USB. Remember to turn it on if you’re using a VZ-R or VZ-X.
2. Download IPEVO Visualizer software onto your computer. You can download it here. Then, launch it on your computer. Next, select your document camera as the camera source in it.
3. Place your material under the document camera and check its live image in Visualizer. Adjust the multi-jointed stand and camera head of the document camera to get a view that best suits your needs.
4. When you’re ready, launch the Webex Meetings desktop app on your computer to start or join a meeting. If you do not have a Webex account, please follow the steps outlined here to sign up for one.
Note: Do not use your document camera as the camera source for your online meeting in this step. Instead, use the computer’s built-in webcam.
5. Click the green Start Meeting icon to start a meeting.
6. Select the Share Content icon located at the lower left of your meeting window.
7. You’ll be given various options for sharing in the pop-up window that appears. Depending on the type of materials you’d like to share, you can choose between Optimize for text and images and Optimize for motion and video at the top left.
8. Next, select Visualizer from the list of windows that can be shared.
And there you go. Now you can easily share your materials while in a Webex meeting!
Enjoyed this article? Please 👏 to share it and follow us (IPEVO) on Medium. Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: