Step-by-step guide to setting up IPEVO document cameras with Google Hangouts
First time using an IPEVO document camera for your online meetings with Google Hangouts? Get started with our step-by-step guide to setting it up.
List of materials needed
Before you start, make sure you have the following on hand:
- An IPEVO document camera
- A computer with Google Chrome browser installed
- A Google account
- Google Hangouts
Here are the steps to setting up your IPEVO document camera with Google Hangouts.
2. Open Google Chrome on your computer. If Google Chrome has not been installed on your computer, please follow the steps outlined here to install it.
3. To open Google Hangouts, type hangouts.google.com into the address bar. Alternatively, you can go to Google apps located at the top right of the browser page and select the Hangouts app in the list of apps that appear.
4. Sign in to your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, please follow the steps outlined here to sign up for one.
5. Choose Video Call.
6. A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to invite people to your meeting. At this stage, just click the Cross icon to close the window. You can invite people to your meeting after you’ve set your video and audio source.
7. Click Settings located at the top right, and select your document camera as the camera source in Video.
8. If you need to rotate your preview image, simply rotate the camera head of your document camera. Or, for VZ-R and VZ-X, you can also press the Rotate button on them.
9. If your document camera comes with a built-in microphone, you can use that as the audio source for your online meetings. To do so, select your document camera as the audio source in Microphone.
10. Click Done located at the bottom right of the settings page.
11. Click the Invite People icon located at the top right. You can then invite people to your meeting by either entering their names/emails or sharing the meeting link with them.
Now you’re ready for your online meetings!
Enjoyed this article? Please 👏 to share it and follow us (IPEVO) on Medium. Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: