Step-by-step guide to setting up IPEVO document cameras with Google Meet
First time using an IPEVO document camera for your online meetings or lessons with Google Meet? Get started with our step-by-step guide to setting it up.
List of materials needed
Before you start, make sure you have the following on hand:
- An IPEVO document camera
- A computer with Google Chrome browser installed
- A G Suite account or a Google account
- Google Meet
Here are the steps to setting up your IPEVO document camera with Google Meet.
2. Open Google Chrome on your computer. If Google Chrome has not been installed on your computer, please follow the steps outlined here to install it.
3. To open Google Meet, type meet.google.com into the address bar. Alternatively, you can go to Google apps located at the top right of the browser page and select the Meet app in the list of apps that appear.
4. Sign in with your G Suite account. If your company doesn’t have a G Suite account and is interested in getting one, click here to learn how to sign up for one. For schools, click here to know how to get started with G Suite for education. As Google Meet is now free for everyone, signing in with your personal Google account would also work. If you do not have a Google account, follow the steps outlined here to create one.
5. Click the Settings icon at the top right to open the settings page.
6. A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to adjust the audio and video settings. Under the Video tab, select your document camera as the video source in Camera.
7. If you need to rotate your preview image, simply rotate the camera head of your document camera. Or, for VZ-R and VZ-X, you can also press the Rotate button on them.
8. If your document camera comes with a built-in microphone, you can use that as the audio source for your online meetings. To do so, click the Audio tab and select your document camera as the audio source in Microphone.
9. After finishing the setup, click Done at the bottom right to close the settings page.
10. Click Join or start a meeting, and type the meeting code/nickname to join a meeting or create a new meeting yourself. Then, click Continue.
11. When you’re ready for the meeting, click Join now to enter the meeting room.
12. A window will pop up to show the joining information. To invite people, you can either copy the joining info and send it to them or click Add people to send out invitation emails through typing their names/emails.
Now, you’re ready to go! Enjoy your online meetings or teaching with IPEVO!
Enjoyed this article? Please 👏 to share it and follow us (IPEVO) on Medium. Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: