Step-by-step guide to setting up IPEVO document cameras with GoToMeeting
First time using an IPEVO document camera for your online meetings with GoToMeeting? Get started with our step-by-step guide to setting it up.
List of materials needed
Before you start, make sure you have the following on hand:
- An IPEVO document camera
- A computer
Here are the steps to setting up your IPEVO document camera with GoToMeeting.
1. Plug in an IPEVO document camera to your computer via USB. Remember to turn it on if you’re using a VZ-R or VZ-X.
2. Launch the GoToMeeting app to change your video and audio settings. If you do not have a GoToMeeting account, please purchase a GoToMeeting plan or sign up for a free trial here.
For Windows, click the GoToMeeting icon in your system tray and select Preferences.
For Mac, launch the GoToMeeting app, click GoToMeeting located at the top left of the menu bar, and choose Preferences in the drop-down list.
3. Click the Webcam tab.
4. Select your document camera as the camera source in Select a camera.
5. Choose a display format that best fits your screen resolution in Select a display format.
6. If you need to rotate the image, simply rotate the camera head of your document camera. Or, for VZ-R and VZ-X, you can also press the Rotate button on them.
7. If your document camera comes with a built-in microphone, you can use that as the audio source for your online meetings. For Windows, click the Audio tab. Then, select your document camera as the audio source in Microphone Setup.
For Mac, you can set your document camera as the audio source in the preview page when you start or join a meeting. Click Settings located at the top right of the preview page.
Then select your document camera as the audio source in Microphone under the Computer option.
And there you go! You’re all ready for your online meetings.
Enjoyed this article? Please 👏 to share it and follow us (IPEVO) on Medium. Here are some other articles that we think might interest you: