IpfsCloud: A Decentralised Cloud Storage Platform
As the world is moving towards decentralization revolution, a lot of apps(or dapps) are developed every day. A true dapp needs a truely decentralized infrastructure which includes a decentralized content distribution network. A lot of projects are working to create sustainable decentralized content distribution network as we have seen in the below post.
An In-depth Comparison of all major Distributed Storage Platformshackernoon.com
One of them is IPFS. I have been working with it for quite a while and recently I decided to create a simple dapp using it.
Let me introduce you to the IpfsCloud. In short, it’s google drive on IPFS.
How to use
1. Sign up
- Sign-up anonymously or using Social Auth(google accounts). In case of anonymous users, your account details are kept in form of cookies; So please don’t delete cookies for this site, or you may loose your data.
- If you want to use Metamask for your account management, then head to eth.ipfscloud.store and enjoy a higher level of anonymity.
2. Start uploading files
- You can upload files of any format from your local system.
- Uses metamask for account creation, so it allows comparatively better anonymity that traditional cloud platforms.
- Uploading files from local storage.
- Unlimited storage(for now).
- Free storage.
- Sharing files via email and publicKey.
Up Coming Features
- Support for adding folders.
- Support for uploading files from a URL.
- Progress bar for uploads.
- Sync with your mobile device.
- Better UI.
- Any feature that you may suggest in the comments.
Contribute to the project
Here is the link to the github repo: https://github.com/vasa-develop/ipfscloud
Honestly saying I am not able to decide what things should I add to this project. So please check it out and add your suggestions in the comments…
Thanks for reading;)
About the Author
He works as Senior blockchain developer and has worked on several blockchain platforms including Ethereum, Quorum, EOS, Nano, Hashgraph, IOTA etc.
He is currently a sophomore at IIT Delhi.
Learned something? Press and hold the 👏 to say “thanks!” and help others find this article.
Hold down the clap button if you liked the content! It helps me gain exposure .
Want to learn more? Checkout my previous articles.
IPFS Private Storage Network Seriesmedium.com
This is a short guide, through which you can have your site running for free in few minutes!! So, let’s get startedmedium.com
In this post we will see how states and transactions are stored in Ethereum and how it is different from Bitcoin.hackernoon.com
An Ultimate, In-depth Explanation of What EVM is and How EVM Works.hackernoon.com
Clap 50 times and follow me on Twitter: @vasa_develop