Lab Podcast — Floor 9: Episode 12
Meet Over Meat Live @ SXSW
Welcome to Floor 9! This week we are live from Austin, Texas at the South by Southwest festival (SXSW). Each year the…aca.s
Welcome to Floor 9! This week we are live from Austin, Texas at the South by Southwest festival (SXSW). Each year the Lab heads down to Austin to meet with emerging startups, experience brand activations, and discover the trends coming out of SXSW that brands need to know about. We are joined this week by special guests Chris Grove, VP US Production, and Suraj Ghandi, SVP, Group Director, from UM Studios. After five frantic days on the ground and a bit too much brisket we talked about the trends coming out of SXSW and did a temperature check on where the industry heading in 2018.
What We Covered:
- Elon Musk and the state of AI
- Brand Activations: HBO stole the show this year
- Temp Check on the state of VR and AR
- Meet over Meat — BBQ recommendations in Austin.
- Takeaways for brands and marketers
- We laugh about how we didn’t get invited to Westworld
Interesting Startup from SXSW:
- Instreamatic is an AI-powered platform for voice activated ads. Users are able to have a call-and-response type of conversation with a brand through their ad unit. The company is focused on mobile today (Amazon and Google have yet to support voice-activated ads on their platforms) and their conversational AI is able to process 50 different languages.