IRISnet Monthly Update
2020.11 — Community & Technical Recap
Dear IRISnet Community,
November has been full of moments of information and growth for the whole community thanks to the AMA with Mr. Henry Ma, BSN’s Chief Architect & CTO of Red Date Technology, and the meetings of the Ti-Labs Working Group in collaboration with Kuchain.
One thing is certain: it is not always easy to keep up with all the improvements that happen within the ecosystem because of the avant-garde nature of the network itself.
It is even harder to be fully aware of the remarkable progress made by the Core Team as these are truly technical topics.
But as you will have surely noticed, IRISnet is working hard to make complex topics understandable to everyone through associations of ideas and practical examples, as they did during the AMA with BSN.
Let’s review together the main moments of this month and remember that if you want to deepen some specific subjects feel free to write on our Telegram Channel.
⭐ Ecosystem Updates ⭐
IRISnet — BSN Partnership
⛩ Register now to the IRISnet-BSN DevPortal!
As you well know, IRISnet is developing a dedicated portal to embed BSN International’s public chain services.
Developers, sign up now to have the chance to join the Early Bird Event when the services will be live!
💬 ’BSN’s interoperability brought by IRISnet/IRITA’ AMA
On November 24th on IRISnet’s telegram group, an AMA happened, with the special participation of Mr. Henry Ma, BSN’s Chief Architect & CTO of Red Date Technology, and Mr. Zhiwei Hu, Director of Research at IRISnet.
The event, which was very well attended by the IRISnet community, was very useful because it was possible to see in detail the benefits of adopting IRITA in the BSN network and there was no lack of references to the adoption of the technology in the real business, which as we know has always been one of the sore points of the blockchain.
IRIS Hub Bifrost Testnet
🌈Bifrost Phase-1 is ongoing!
This phase is intended for:
• Testing Service function, including the service creation, binding, request, response, service fees withdrawal, etc.
• Testing Oracle function, querying the response value of the running Oracle
• Testing Record function, including creating and querying records
• Testing NFT function, including issuing, minting, editing, transferring, and burning NFT tokens
• Testing Random function, requesting random numbers with or without Oracle
Rewards will be distributed in the form of NFT badges within the Bifrost testnet, and there will be three reward levels (Gold/Silver/Bronze) according to the percentage of achievement of tasks. These NFT badges can circulate and transfer in the Bifrost testnet and the upgraded IRIS Hub mainnet, which means they are not only icons of honor, but can also be changed into tokens.
Rules to join the competition
Chainlink Community Grant
As part of the grant, IRISnet will provide several key components to the integration, including:
- Validate and adapt Chainlink contracts to ensure compatibility with BSN and IRITA;
- Test and deploy all components to BSN and IRITA;
- Deliver a monitoring solution for the integration.
“We’re excited to receive a Chainlink Community Grant to integrate its industry-leading oracle solution into BSN to support the growing wave of distributed application development across China and around the world,” said Harriet Cao, Co-founder of IRISnet, learning of the grant assignation.
“It is our great pleasure to make Chainlink oracle services accessible and easy to use by all the blockchains on BSN, not only expanding Chainlink into additional blockchain environments but helping support BSN’s vision of making a complete suite of public blockchain infrastructure available at affordable prices to small and large enterprises.”
Running on the back of a think-tank that is fueled by the intelligence of the masterminds behind KuChain and IRISnet, Ti-Labs will shoulder the responsibility of enlightening the whole Cosmos ecosystem.
The first two meetings of the Working Group were a blast, with multiple topics highlighted including:
- Cosmos WASM virtual machine;
- Cosmos Stargate Upgrade;
- “Interoperability” of Ethermint;
- …and much more!
Want to stay updated?
Join #ti-labs channel on Cosmos Discord Server!
IRISnet x Getblock
⚙️ GetBlock, Renowned Node Connections’ Provider, added support to IRISnet nodes:
Now you can easily connect your dApp to IRISnet and other major blockchains without running a node yourself.
IRISnet’s talk at Interchain Conversations II
🎙The annual Cosmos Interchain Conversations Virtual Summit has opened the registrations!
The conversations fostered during this conference will become fodder for future innovations coming out of Cosmos and its extended ecosystems.
Don’t miss Mr. Jeffrey Hu’s speech on December 13th, 2020 at 4am UTC!
Focus: Why Interchain Services will become the HTTP of Blockchains.
⭐ Technical Updates ⭐
Released Rainbow v2.9.5 that optimized UIs and fixed issues reported by the community to provide a better user experience:
- Optimized UI: IRISnet’s mascot Nyan Cat makes the first appearance in the Red Packet module
- Optimized UI: The addresses in the lists are in the monospaced font
- Optimized UI: The display of the commission and uptime are optimized
- Fixed issues: Issues including the displaying issue with the favorite validator list are fixed
Released Bifrost Testnet Explorer v0.2.2
- Optimized the navigation bar
- Refactored the NFT sync logic
- Added the Token module
- Upgraded to Cosmos SDK v0.40.0-rc3
- Optimized events
- [ethpeg] Realized the upgrade of contract
- [service-gen: Generated codes of iService Consumer and iService Provider based on service definition] Supported the generation of golang code
- Fixed the bug that store loader was invalid when the chain was upgrading
- Refactored crypto to optimize the inconsistent issue when using amino codec
- Assist Ethermint to upgrade to Cosmos SDK v0.40.0-rc3
⭐ Community Updates ⭐
Rainbow Validator Rewards Program
To thank its Rainbow Validators for the support shown to the project, IRISnet has planned to selects up to 3 Validators monthly, rewarding them with 10k $IRIS!
Time to know more about the amazing Rainbow Validators of September and October and how they contribute to the success of our ecosystem via this comprehensive Blogpost!
Bi23 & Víctor | melea: we’re lucky to have you in our ecosystem!
Validators, you are still in time to participate!
Follow these steps and join the competition:
• Become an IRISnet validator
• Actively engage our community
• Fill out the application form!
Special Token Burn by IRIS Foundation
Delegators Double Rewards & Token Burn Plan
🔥Token Burn Plan
On November 31 the Foundation burned 2,114,680 $IRIS.
💰Delegators Double Rewards
The IRISnet Foundation released the double rewards as planned in the Community-centric delegation program!
To be precise, in November were distributed 679,286.9341 $IRIS: congratulations delegators!
Delegate now: secure the network and start earning!
- On November 19th Mr. Jeffrey Hu invited Brian Xin to give a presentation about Uptick at the InterNFT Working Group, an NFT ticket developed by StarryMedia with a grant from IRIS Foundation.
The recording of the call will be soon available on the InterNFT Youtube channel.
Persistence One StakeDrop Campaign x $IRIS
StakeDrop is a token distribution mechanism that allows $IRIS holders to receive an allocation of $XPRT (Persistence tokens) simply by staking!
Learn more about this initiative and how to participate on Persistence’s Social Channels.
Join us in the IRISnet Forum!
Do you have any proposals to improve the project?
Do you want to contribute with your ideas to the growth of the community?
IRISnet forum welcomes you!
We look forward to building our future together!
Contents from the IRISnet community
- IRISnet featured in the latest [Project Tracker] by Ken | Cypher Core
- Paradigm about IRISnet in their Biweekly update on Cosmos vol.34 & vol.35
- State of Stake #36 & #37 by Paradigm
- The latest Crypto News in Blockchain Space by Mr. Crypto-Whisperer & How to Stake by BNPH features IRISnet & Rainbow Wallet!
⭐ IRISnet Glossary ⭐
IRISnet (a.k.a IRIS Hub) is designed to be the foundation for the next-generation distributed applications.
Built with Cosmos-SDK, IRIS Hub enables cross-chain interoperability through a unified service model, while providing a variety of modules to support DeFi applications.
Inter-Realm Industry Trust Alliance (IRITA) is the 1st enterprise-level permissioned blockchain product in the Cosmos ecosystem Powered by Tendermint and IRIS SDK.
It has 6 core technical advantages such as privacy-protecting data sharing with authorization, highly efficient consensus protocol, cutting-edge cross-chain technology, highly practical on/off-chain inter-operation capabilities, flexible digital asset modeling and exchange, and business analytics powered by big data.
Thus IRITA can be widely used in various industries, such as the financial industry, providing value-based on blockchain trust machines.
Rainbow Wallet is positioned to support the IBC transfer and iService that IRISnet and Cosmos will realize in the future. It is a light mobile client that combines the advantages of centralization and decentralization.
Blockchain explorer for IRIS Hub, which includes explorer-backend and explorer-frontend.
IRISnet is a project that evolves every day, but it cannot do so without its community’s support.
So I invite you to share your suggestions with us to grow and build with you the foundations of the future of the institutions day by day.
🎄 Please spend wonderful Holydays with the people who are closest to you.
In the hope that we will finally able to meet each other in 2021...
…I Wish You the Very Best ♥️
💌 Community Channels
•WeChat subscription: irisnetwork
•WeChat group: irisnetwork2018