IRISnet Monthly Report
2020.07 - Community & Technical Recap
Welcome to IRISnetwork’s first monthly recap!
This past month has really been incredible, full of news, and full of anticipation of the future of the project.
Impossible not to mention the announcement of the collaboration with BSN and the upcoming testnet Bifrost.
Another impressive change has come from you:
seeing you so active, passionate, and dedicated to helping each other in our community channels was really a pleasant surprise.
I am really very proud of how we are all growing and learning together, day after day.
⭐ Ecosystem Updates ⭐
IRISnet — BSN Partnership
On July 20th, BSN announced that IRISnet is among the first batch of public blockchains selected for integration with Ethereum, EOS, Tezos, Neo and Nervos.
The integration of BSN and IRISnet will bring multi-win effects for all types of participants in the whole ecosystem:
- Enhance network security of IRIS Hub
- Offer more convenient DApp development support
- Provide a new paradigm of blockchain development for cross-system services
BSN is supported by major Chinese entities and corporations, and its founding consortia partners include China’s State Information Center, China Mobile, China UnionPay, and other organizations. Having close-Beta testing that began in October 2019, BSN is a cross-cloud, cross-portal, cross-framework blockchain-based infrastructure network.
The integration of IRITA Hub with Chainlink and other consortium blockchains has also completed its first stage of development, and now is during the integration testing.
Updates are coming, keep following our social channels so you will not miss any news!
IRIS Hub Bifrost Testnet
To support Cosmos Network Interchain vision, IRISnet will launch Bifrost Testnet, that will run side by side with Stargate’s one in order to test the new features of IRISnet and to test themselves the multi-HUB collaboration through the IBC protocol.
Bifrost’s goals are:
- Verify the new features of IRIS Hub V1.0 and test out IBC communication in a multi-hub collaboration setting.
- Get validators to be well-prepared.
- Help app/wallet/DEX developers to better understand the technical steps needed to test and make IBC functionality available in their applications.
Those are the new features and improvements brought in the IRIS Hub:
- Major refactoring of iService for much more powerful on-chain/off-chain interoperability.
- New oracle module enabling off-chain data feeds.
- Random module enhanced with an off-chain true random source.
- New NFT module supporting the digitization of assets.
- New record module facilitating proof of existence.
- Major code refactoring for better modularity.
The release date of Bifrost will be communicated as soon as Stargate’s official launch date is announced, as the two testnets are fundamental parts of a single greater project.
Binance Listed $IRIS
On 07/21 Binance listed IRISnet (IRIS) and opened trading for IRIS/BNB, IRIS/BTC, and IRIS/BUSD trading pairs.
On 07/31 Binance Staking Launches Locked Staking Support for IRIS.
⭐ Technical Updates ⭐
Released Rainbow v 2.9.4: fixed the issue with the password field, not displayed properly in IOS 13 or above.
Scan the QR code to download the mainnet version:
Prepare upgrade based on the upcoming testnet Bifrost.
- Refactor IRIS Hub based on the latest Cosmos SDK
- Adapt all modules to the latest Cosmos SDK
- Update and support all modules with gRPC server
- Simplify and merge run programs (iris and iris CLI) into one binary file: iris
⭐ Community Updates ⭐
Community-centric Delegation Campaign & Token Burn
The IRIS Foundation Rolled Out a Community-Centric Delegation Campaign & the Second One-Year Token Burn Plan.
Find the results of the third implementation inside the Blogpost.
- On July 2nd Zhiwei Hu participated in a live streaming organized by BSN to present the award-winning project at the BSN Developer Contest and talk about interchain communications and privacy computing technologies.
- On July 4th IRISnet and Chainlink，Celer，Kava，Loopring，Nervos jointly organize Connected Smart Contracts Hangzhou Meetup, Zhiwei Hu gave a theme speech and participated in the panel.
- On July 6th Harriet Cao attended to the Web 3.0 Panel at the Hangzhou Blockchain Week and talked about IRISnet vision and that Web 3.0 isn't only a matter of information exchange, is more about the exchange of value.
- On July 12th Miss Cao shared her view about “Challenges and Opportunities for Blockchain Industry” at the Yangtze River Delta Blockchain Innovation Conference. The event was also attended by BSN.
- On July 15th Zhiwei Hu attended 2nd online meetup of ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Cosmos’ series hold by Cosmos China with Chainlink, sharing ecosystem collaboration, technical plans, etc.
- On July 22nd Zhiwei Hu attended 3rd online meetup of ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Cosmos’ series hold by Cosmos China to introduce Cosmos ecosystem and Chinese validators with Nodeasy, MathWallet and Lianke.
- On July 30th Zhiwei Hu attended Wanxiang blockchain Live Streaming and shared content about interchain technology and consortium blockchains.
- Dokia Capital kicks off its “TheAtomicSpreadOut” campaign to promote Cosmos’ decentralization. Among the Cosmos Validatord they have chosen, IRISnet-Bianjie also appears. The team thanks them for their trust!
- New tutorials available: “How to Send Red Packets on Rainbow Wallet” & “How to Vote on Rainbow Wallet”.
Contents from the IRISnet community
- “This week in IRISnetwork”, a weekly update by Daniela Pavin.
Week 1 — Week 2 — Week 3 — Week 4
- Nagato Dharma writes about the story of IRISnet and BSN collaboration. The article is very detailed and brilliantly analyzes the connection between the IRITA chain and the enterprise-level blockchain network of China.
IRISnet, Chainlink and China’s Huge BSN Connection
A look into the enterprise-level blockchain network of China.
- IRISnet featured in the latest [Project Tracker] & [Portfolio Update] by Ken | Cypher Core
- Episode #11 of “Citizen Cosmos” podcast:
Harriet Cao was interviewed by Serej about AI, how to decentralize Cosmos, regulation in China, and much more!
⭐ IRISnet Glossary ⭐
IRISnet (a.k.a IRIS Hub) is designed to be the foundation for the next-generation distributed applications.
Built with Cosmos-SDK, IRIS Hub enables cross-chain interoperability through a unified service model, while providing a variety of modules to support DeFi applications.
Inter-Realm Industry Trust Alliance (IRITA) is the 1st enterprise-level permissioned blockchain product in the Cosmos ecosystem Powered by Tendermint and IRIS SDK.
It has 6 core technical advantages such as privacy-protecting data sharing with authorization, highly efficient consensus protocol, cutting-edge cross-chain technology, highly practical on/off-chain inter-operation capabilities, flexible digital asset modeling and exchange, and business analytics powered by big data.
Thus IRITA can be widely used in various industries, such as the financial industry, providing value based on blockchain trust machines.
Rainbow Wallet is positioned to support the IBC transfer and iService that IRISnet and Cosmos will realize in the future. It is a light mobile client that combines the advantages of centralization and decentralization.
Blockchain explorer for IRIS Hub, which includes explorer-backend and explorer-frontend.
IRISnet community, thank you for the incredible support and enthusiasm shown so far: this pushes us to always give our best and overcome our limits every day more and more.
A lot of news are waiting for us and we can’t wait to share them with you!
See you on August, and in the meantime...
💌 IRISnet Community Channels
•WeChat subscription: irisnetwork
•WeChat group: irisnetwork2018