Community Protective Services Committee- February 22, 2017
Meeting held in Council Chambers at 4pm, with a recess for dinner at 5:30pm, as required. A livestream will be available once the meeting begins.
The agenda includes two Public Participation Meetings (PPMs) alongside the following items:
1) A PPM regarding the recognition of new categories of business for the purposes of municipal licencing. These categories include: contractors; donation bins; Personal Service Establishments; Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette Retailers.
2) A PPM regarding the expansion of the “nuisance party” definition to include unruly rooftop social gatherings.
3) A staff report providing an update on the status of many London Strategic Plan milestones.
4) A staff report providing an update on the Immigration Strategy. This report highlights the creation of a steering committee to attract and retain talented newcomers, international students, and multigenerational immigrants.
5) Report from the Town and Gown Committee
6) A staff report requesting that ‘Mildred Barons Park’ be renamed to ‘Vimy Ridge Park.’
7) Reports from the Community Safety and Crime Prevention Advisory Committee; Accessibility Advisory Committee; London Housing Advisory Committee; Childcare Advisory Committee Diversity Inclusivity and Anti-Oppression Advisory Committee.
8) A submission from Councilors van Holst and Cassidy requesting information on actions that may be taken to assist community organizations meet government regulations to distribute food to individuals in need.