What if I told you that there are only five steps to translating a website?
You might well ask, “How difficult are the five steps?”
Unfortunately, the steps oflocalizing a website are not exactly quick and easy, like for making toast. Rather, they are more like stages of a project.
Understanding the five stages of website localization projects will help ensure a smooth and successful creation of a multilingual website.
If you want to reach foreign language speaking audiences, read on for the five stages of a website localization project.
The 5 Steps of Website Localization
Below are the five steps of website localization. The full article including a description of each step is at https://ivannovation.com/blog/5-steps-of-website-localization/ . Click on one of the links below to go directly to that section of the article.
- Planning and Discovery (Do your “calculations in the temple . . .”)
- Laying the Groundwork — the Logistics of Localization (Hint: find a geek.)
- Translating the Text (Just ask a high school sophomore to translate; they take Spanish. [Just joking])
- LQA and Localization Testing (Or how to avoid annoying your website visitors.)
- Go Live, Maintenance, and Marketing (Blast off!)
This is part of an article published in full at the IVANNOVATION Blog.
If you liked this article, share some reading love by clicking the clapping hands below.
Find solutions to your language and translation needs at www.ivannovation.com