Cristina Dolan, COO, attends TXF New York 2017 Event
The TXF New York 2017 Transformative Trade, Tech and Talent event, which focused on innovation in trade and treasury, took place last week in New York City. Louis De Bruin, Blockchain Leader, Europe, IBM; Christophe Spoerry, Co-Founder, Euler Hermes Digital Agency; and Anil Sebastian, Senior Manager, Supply Chain, Microsoft, presented interesting statistics and insights on how technology could revolutionize trade finance during the Blockchain, AI and digital supply chains: Bringing trade into the 21st century panel. Thus, the judges concluded that all three technologies were complimentary and equally important to the future of trade finance.
What’s next for iXledger?
Tuesday, 19 September, 2017.
Ingemar Svensson, CEO, will be part of a panel in a FinTech meet-up.
Don't Miss the First London Panel to address the latest on Regulations, Crypto Assets & ICOs It seems that everything…www.eventbrite.com
Friday, 22 September, 2017.
Ingemar Svensson, CEO, will be a panellist within the Blockchain discussion at The InsurTech meet-up.
The Market Minds InsurTech Conference is back for its second year only much bigger and will be in Shoreditch Town Hall…www.eventbrite.co.uk
Monday, 2 November, 2017.
Ingemar Svensson, CEO, will be speaking at the Crowdfunded event on his successful strategies as an Entrepreneur.
Crowdfunded - 2 November 2017! Crowdfunded is a conference by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, bringing you a practical…www.eventbrite.co.uk
Development Insights on Oracles for Smart Contracts
We have been focusing on implementing a good oracle architecture which will be key. As smart contracts cannot read external data, building financial business logic is a challenge since it typically relies on market data and strong authorisation and other services. The solution is for a smart contract to use the event logs to trigger data to be pushed into itself. It can be made to simulate a request/response pattern.
1. Security: We need to prevent the response callbacks from being accessible to everyone.
2. Performance: The create event -> oracle event listening -> data lookup -> response triggering can be slow.
3. Gas costs.
Although there are some credible products available such as Oraclize, we always going to prefer to build core components ourselves. Our design involves inter-oracle communication and an abstraction layer for service names.
- Senior System admin who joins us from Suse Linux, where he was a solutions architect. Previously, he spent decades working with a good mixture of Linux system administration, security and application hosting.
- An insurance specialist, and also a former underwriter who worked at XL Catlin and other insurance companies. Most recently, he was active in the Nordic markets as a key account manager building out the Scandinavian portfolios. He joins us with a wealth of detailed insurance expertise as well as the senior business development skills.
- Senior Blockchain developer who recently worked at Nchain developing blockchain solutions.
- UI Developer. Bright junior UI developer who knows React.js will join us to accelerate our user interface development