February 26, 2018
News and updates from the ixo team and community
It’s been another busy, busy week for the whole team at ixo. Our satellite team members had a series of productive meetings with partners, funders, and members of the ixo community in the US following ETHDenver. In Cape Town, we had a series of wins last week including another finished sprint and new email signatures! With more work to be done, we are also steadily growing — in the next two months we’ll be nearly doubling the size of the tech team.
We would also like to promote UNICEF’s call for blockchain startups to apply for funding. UNICEF’s initial investment and continued guidance has been instrumental to all of ixo’s successes so far. We encourage all tech startups in the impact space to consider applying here: https://goo.gl/VaKcpK Applications for seed funding from UNICEF’s Innovation Fund close on February 28.
- ixo has joined Instagram! Follow us at @ixo_foundation
- The tech team completed another sprint — now impact claim creation and evaluation are fully functioning
- We’re about to go LIVE with our Ambassador Program! Details will be released sometime this week, please use the above link to leave us your name and email if interested.
- We hosted an incredible event with our key collaborators in New York City last week to discuss how blockchain can revolutionize the impact space. Representatives from UNICEF Ventures, Gold Standard, Nexleaf Analytics, Microsoft, Acumen, our amazing blockchain advisor Rick Dudley all spoke.
- We’ve tracked down footage from Fennie’s panel at the Sustainable Business and Social Impact Conference at Duke held earlier this month — watch here.
- Fennie will be speaking about blockchain and ixo at the Africa Business Conference at Harvard Business School this week March 2–4
- CTO Cedric will attending Rebooting the Web of Trust VI next week in Santa Barbara, CA