March 12, 2018
News and updates from the ixo team and community
Last week, the overarching theme in all of ixo’s work was community engagement. CTO Cedric travelled from Cape Town to Santa Barbara to attend Rebooting the Web-of-Trust. Fennie was in Paris attending the Ethereum Community Conference this weekend. And in the Cape Town office, we had the first ixo Community Call.
We’re always looking for ways to engage and involve the blockchain and impact community in our work. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or ways you’d like to get involved, send us an email at email@example.com
- We had our first Community Call last Thursday! Thanks to everyone who attended, we really enjoyed speaking with all of you and answering your questions. We hope to have our next Community Call in two weeks.
- Cedric demonstrated how to use Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) to make claims using MetaMask as identity provider at Rebooting Web-of-Trust VI.
- There’s been a lot of interest in our Ambassador Program! If you want to be a part of the inaugural cohort, please send your details here
- Congratulations to our partner SocialSuite for winning $100,000 at the Salesforce World Tour PitchComp in Sydney! Read more about it here
- ixo, Sovrin, and a team of independent consultants won 2nd prize in the “Blockchain for Humanity” Global Challenge organized by United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (UN-OICT), the Government of Moldova and World Identity Network (WIN)
- We released our first demo, which shows how to create a project, sign up as agents, and capture/evaluate impact claims (watch below)
ixo in the News
- Read about our Global Challenge solution to give refugee children digital identities in Forbes
- Short feature on ixo and global impact investing in ValueWalk
- One of our community members, Rochelle, wrote this great blog post about ixo!