Weekly Update — May 7th, 2018
News and updates from the ixo team and global community
More great strides made this week as our growing team puts the final touches to our roadmap — to be released this week. Shaun and Lohan flew the flag in Dubai and Switzerland, while we welcomed two experienced senior developers. Our team of ambassadors has been spreading the word, while Ajani Husbands wrote an insightful piece titled Social Impact Bonds Need Blockchain Technology. Fennie Wang is headed back to the States for #BlockchainWeekNYC, this time Bruce and Shaun will be joining her as we prepare for our 1st ixo community meet-up.
- Two weeks ago, Dr Shaun Conway presented and discussed the ixo solution in Zug, Switzerland at The Blockchain For Good Initiative — Crypto Valley you can view the recorded event here. The Zug ixo Ambassador, Antonio Potenza was there too.
- The Responsible Finance and Investment Summit was hosted in Dubai over the 26th & 27th of April. Shaun spoke about how blockchain and the ixo solution can revolutionize traditional impact investing.
- Still in Dubai, Shaun attended the Future Blockchain Summit held from May 2nd-3rd. This was quite exciting as we were invited to the Smart Dubai Blockchain Challenge to present our solution along with many other incredible projects.
Community & Upcoming Events
- It’s almost Blockchain Week in New York City and on Sunday May 13th Fennie Wang will be speaking at the Women on the Block, Diversity Blockchain Conference in Brooklyn. This event is being hosted by the CKR Charitable Foundation and will feature women thought leaders in the blockchain community.
- We’re hosting our 1st ixo community meet-up in New York City on May 14th in the Williamsburg Hotel. Dr Shaun Conway, Fennie Wang, Bruce Good and Paul Kohlhaas will be attending. This is a great opportunity to meet some of the people behind ixo.
- The full go live scope for the ixo web portal and the ixo mobile app has been finalized.
- The Tech team is also building out the Project Data Store and it is nearing completion for the functionality required for it to go live.
- We have made a decision to move forward with Cosmos and Tendermint for the ixo public blockchain and we have finalized the scope and the Tech team is in the process of building that out too.
Join the Community
Learn more about ixo and how to get involved at ixo.foundation