Alec Ross, Former Senior Innovation Advisor To Hillary Clinton, On Industries Of The Future
If the last 20 years was all about digitization and the rise of the Internet, then what’s next? That’s exactly what Alec Ross covers in his new book, The Industries of the Future. Alec is one of today’s leading experts on innovation and technology. He is currently a Distinguished Visiting Fellow at John Hopkins University and he was previously the Senior Advisor for Innovation to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her term.
In this podcast, Alec and I cover topics ranging from cybersecurity to big data to the commercialization of genomics to robots and automation and much more. Alec also shares some of the key trends he sees, not just around the future of work, but around the future of life in general. If you want to get a glimpse of what’s coming our way, both terms of work and life, then you won’t want to miss this podcast with Alec!
What you will learn in this episode:
• What the industries of the future are going to be
• Alec’s work with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as Senior Advisor for Innovation
• Trends that Alec sees are shaping the future of work
• What Alec is least optimistic about in the future of work
• Cybersecurity, cyber warfare and its effect on everyone
•Robots and automation, how it will really effect jobs
• How to be proactive when filling skills gaps
• The Importance of Genomics
• Bitcoin and Blockchain technology
• Big data vs. privacy in the workplace
• Trends for the future of work by environment, job type, and geography and culture
This post is made possible by Prysm, a company leading the future of work by designing beautiful visual workspaces for big and small screens that make it easier to collaborate and communicate. Check them out at Prysm.com
Jacob Morgan is a keynote speaker, author and futurist. For more visit TheFutureOrganization.