13 Best Courses to learn DevOps for Senior Developers in 2020
Best DevOps Courses from Udemy, Coursera, and Pluralsight to learn Online in 2020
Hello guys, you may know that DevOps is one of the most in-demand skills for both big and small organizations. Consequently, DevOps Engineer is also one of the highest-paid technical jobs for people who don’t want to go on general jobs like people management or project management.
If you are looking for a raise or want to take your career to the next level, learning DevOps and tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Jeninks, and Maven can be a good option.
DevOps come up with an abbreviation of two words Development and Operations and most people think that it is a software of a programming language but it is not like that. It is a concept or a philosophy that makes the development team works together with the operation team smoothly inside the same IT department or organization.
Learning DevOps helps you to see how organizations work and make you comfortable with how the product lifecycle works and this is what companies want from you if you would like to get a DevOps Engineer job into biggest organizations and fortune 500 tech companies in the world and boost your career by learning how to work together inside the same organization.
In this article, we will see some of the best courses that teach you how to become a DevOps engineer and show you the mindset of the company development team how they work together and how the lifecycle of the product development runs and some of the practical tools that company use to maintain the efficiency of their web apps.
10 Best Online Courses to become DevOps Engineer in 2020
Without wasting any more of your time, here are the best DevOps online training courses you can take to become a DevOps engineer in 2002. These courses not only cover DevOps practices and culture like appetite for automation but also teach you essential DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
This course will walk you throughout the essential foundation principle of DevOps and focusing on the mindset and culture of the DevOps engineer and shows you how the development and operations teams work together in the same environment.
Throughout the course, you will see some examples of case studies of many companies so you will have practical examples of how the DevOps works in the real world and you can immediately starting implementing these concepts on where you work.
You will learn in this course:
- An introduction to what is DevOps.
- The mindset of the DevOps engineer.
- Speed up time for your development and operation team.
This course is created by Courtney Kissler and its offered by the University of California (UC Davis) and it is trusted by more than 14000 developers online. You can also join this course for FREE.
Here is the link to join this course: DevOps Culture and Mindset
If you want to control and manage your container you can see this course on how to use Kubernetes to build and deploy scale your web application and how you can make like the infrastructure agility and efficiency that Google has.
This course about DevOps shows you how to install and use this open-source software for automating the deployment, scaling of containerized applications, and managing them on the localhost or Amazon AWS.
You will learn the following things in this DevOps course on Udemy:
- Build apps in containers with Docker and deploying them with the Kubernetes cluster.
- Set up your cluster environment on your desktop machine, or on the cloud such as Amazon AWS.
- How to automatically create and deploy your own Helm Charts with Jenkins.
Here is the link to join this course: Learn DevOps: The Complete Kubernetes Course
This course shows you the concepts of traditional and new-age development philosophy and the basics of DevOps method how it works and the team is working together to maintain the app development.
It shows you also the concepts on how to use different technologies like Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Maven to create a container and deploy your web application on the cloud using Amazon AWS. Also, you will see practical exercises on how to use these technologies in the real world.
You will learn in this udemy course:
- Concepts of DevOps technology.
- Maintain and manage the infrastructure with the automation tools.
- How to use different DevOps technologies such as Docker and Jenkins.
Here is the link to join this course — DevOps Tutorial: Complete Beginners Training — 5 in 1 Bundle
This course will deep dive into more advanced concepts and the core values on how to practically implement the DevOps into a real-world organization.
The course focused on deploying and configuring your product or web application infrastructure using various technologies and how you can scale your business results and it is for both development and operations team.
In this course you will learn:
- Deploy and configure and scale your product.
- Scaling your business results and improving it.
- Monitoring the application or product performance.
Here is the link to join this course —DevOps Practices and Principles
This course on Pluralsight shows you the methodologies behind the DevOps term like what is DevOps and how your organization transforms its workflow of the development and operations team to work together in the product build and deployment.
This course focused on the problems the DevOps can solve and transform the whole organization to work under these workflow terms and the different technologies and tools that used to transform the work inside the development and operations team.
In this course you will see:
- The best DevOps technology that fits your organization’s needs.
- Technologies and tools used in DevOps.
- The problems that DevOps focuses to solve.
Here is the link to join this course — DevOps: The Big Picture
By the way, you would need a Pluralsight membership to access this course which costs around $29 per month or $299 per year. While I highly recommend this membership to all programmers and developers because they always need to learn and upgrade themselves, you can also check out this course for free by using their 10-day free trial which provides 200 minutes of free access to all of their online training courses.
This is a good course to learn CI/CD and DevOps on Coursera. This course is offered by the University of Virginia and deliver by Alex Kwaan, a top-ranked faculty. This course will teach you the interdisciplinary skillset to cultivate a continuous deployment capability in your organization.
Here are the key skills you will learn in this course
- Diagnose a team’s delivery pipeline and bring forward prioritized recommendations to improve it
- Explain the skill sets and roles involved in DevOps and how they contribute toward a continuous delivery capability
- Review and deliver automation tests across the development stack
- Explain the key jobs of system operations and how today’s leading techniques and tools apply to them
- Explain how high-functioning teams use DevOps and related methods to reach continuous delivery capability
- Facilitate prioritized, iterative team progress on improving a delivery pipeline
This is also a highly productive course and more than 62% of people who have joined this course have started a new career after completing these courses and more than 42% got a tangible career benefit from this course
Here is the link to join this course — Continuous Delivery & DevOps
Terraform is an incredible tool that allows you to treat your infrastructure as code. It allows DevOps engineer to define and provision data center infrastructure using a declarative configuration language known as HashiCorp Configuration Language, or optionally JSON.
If you want to learn Terraform then this is the best Udemy course you can join This will teach you how to automate your infrastructure with Terraform. It covers Terraform with AWS, Packer, Docker, ECS, EKS, Jenkins
Here are the key concepts and topics you will learn
- what is terraform and how to use
- Know when to use different features of terraform
- How to use Terraform with AWS
- How to use terraform with Packer to create custom images
- Be able to apply DevOps techniques using terraform
Overall one of the best online course to learn Terraform which is a critical tool for DevOps Engineer.
Here is the link to join this course — Learn DevOps: Infrastructure Automation With Terraform
This is the best Udemy course to learn n about CI, CD & DevOps online This course will teach you essential concepts of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Deployment, and DevOps in simple worlds.
Here is the key skill you will learn in this course:
- Basic concepts of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment (CD), and DevOps.
- Understand the pain points in the traditional Software Development Life Cycle which paved the way for CI / CD/ DevOps.
- Learn how business revenue and time-to-market are greatly improved by bringing in CI/CD/DevOps.
- Learn how CI / CD / DevOps evolved step by step. This will help build a solid foundation to learn more about the implementation part and the tools involved.
- Learn using illustrations, animations, and cartoons. About 90% of the course is illustrated, the remaining 10% consists of crisp bullet-point slides.
This is also one of the highest-rated DevOps courses on Udemy and I highly recommend it to anyone who is starting with DevOps, CI/CD, and automatic deployment process.
Here is the link to join this course —CI/CD(Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps for Beginners
If you are looking for a comprehensive Docker course to learn Docker in-depth then look no beyond. This is the best online course to learn Docker in-depth.
Created by Bret Fisher, a Docker Captain, this online Docker course will teach you how to build, test, deploy containers on Docker, Kubernetes, Compose, Swarm and Registry using DevOps
Here are the key concepts and skills you will learn:
- How to use Docker, Compose, and Kubernetes on your machine for better software building and testing.
- How to build development environments with your code running in containers.
- How to create Swarm and Kubernetes clusters for server deployments!
- Hands-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Compose files like a Pro!
- How to build and publish your own custom images.
This is also the most popular Docker course on UDemy with more than 180,255 students and on average 4.6 ratings from close to 39,310 participants. This is incredible and you will also learn faster with included live chat group (21,000 members!) and weekly live Q&A.
Here is the link to join this course — Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
Jenkins is one of the most important tools for DevOps as it helps you to build a delivery pipeline and this is the best Udemy course to learn Jenkins online.
Here are the key topics you will learn in this Jenkins online course:
- what is Jenkins and how it works in depth
- What is Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Learn how to integrate Jenkins with Docker, Ansible, AWS, GIT, Email, Maven, and more!
- Learn how to design and build your own Jobs with a bunch of tools
- Orchestrate the most popular DevOps tools nowadays
Overall a great course to learn Jenkins online. This is also trusted by more than 42,344 students and it has on average 4. 3 ratings from close to 4,836 participants which is very impressive.
Here is the link to join this course — Jenkins, From Zero To Hero: Become a DevOps Jenkins Master
This is the best Docker course on Udemy and it will teach you Docker with Hands-On Coding Exercises. This course is created by Mumshad Mannambeth, one of the best DevOps instructors on Udemy and this course is great for beginners in DevOps who want to learn Docker and containers.
Here are the key topics you will learn in this course:
- Docker and Container Fundamentals
- Basic Docker Commands with Hands-On Exercises
- How to build Docker images using Dockerfiles with Hands-On Exercises
- What is Docker Compose and How to use it?
- How to build Application stack using Docker Compose Files with Hands-On Exercises
Talking about social proof, this is also one of the best Docker course on Udemy and trusted by thousands of people learning Docker. It is also very engaging and hands-on with lots of quizzes and exercises.
Here is the link to join this course — Docker for the Absolute Beginner — Hands-On — DevOps
This is the best Udemy course to learn Ansible from scratch. This course is created by Mumshad Mannambeth and it introduces Ansible to the absolute beginner in DevOps.
The course is also very hands-on and you will practice Ansible with coding exercises in the browser.
Here are the key skills you will learn in this course
- Ansible Basics with a hands-on exercise
- YAML basics and Hands-on Exercises
- How to build Ansible Inventory Files with Hands-on Exercises
- How to build Ansible Inventory Files with Hands-on Exercises
- How to automate provisioning and web server deployment
Overall a great course to learn Ansible for DevOps. This course is also trusted by thousands of developers on Udemy and its also hone of the highest-rated Ansible course on Udemy.
Here is the link to join this course — Ansible for the Absolute Beginner — Hands-On — DevOps
This one-week, accelerated online Google Kubernetes Engine course will teach you how to use Docker containers, deploy them to Kubernetes clusters provided by Google Kubernetes Engine, and scale those containers to handle increased traffic.
You will also learn how to continuously deploy new code in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates.
Here are the key topics covered in this course:
- Container basics like Docker
- How to containerize an existing application
- Basic Kubernetes concepts and principles
- How to deploy applications to Kubernetes using the CLI
- How to set up a continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins
This is one of the best courses to learn Kubernetes for Google Cloud Platform online and in particular on Coursera. If you are familiar with command-line tools, Linux environment, and web server technologies like Nginx you can be a part of this one of the uniquely designed Kubernetes courses. It is available on Coursera and anyone can enroll for free.
Here is the link to join this course — Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
By the way, if you find Coursera courses useful, which they are because they are created by reputed companies like Google, IBM, Amazon, and best universities around the world, I suggest you join Coursera Plus, an annual subscription plan from Coursera.
This single subscription gives you unlimited access to their most popular courses, specialization, professional certificate, and guided projects. It cost around $399/year but its complete worth of your money as you get unlimited certificates.
That’s all about the best courses to learn DevOps in 2020 and become a DevOps Engineer, one of the highest-paid technical jobs for developers. As I said, DevOps can not only improve the software development and delivery process of an organization but also the quality of Software.
It also helps Developers to maintain work-life balance and prevents those midnight support calls. This is a good time to learn this in-demand skill and add to your already colorful resume.
Other DevOps Tools and Courses you may like
- The 2020 DevOps Developer RoadMap
- 10 Free Docker Courses for Java and DevOps Professionals
- Top 5 Courses to Learn Jenkins for Automation and DevOps
- 7 Free Online Courses to learn Kubernetes in 2020
- My favorite courses to learn Amazon Web Service
- 5 Free Selenium Courses to Learn Automation Testing
- 10 Docker and Kubernetes Courses for Programmers
- 6 Maven Courses for Java Developers
- 10 Things Java Developers Should Learn in 2020
- My favorite courses to learn DevOps for experienced
- 10 Free Courses to learn AWS and Cloud for Programmers
- 7 Free Courses to learn Selenium for DevOps
- Top 5 Books to learn DevOps in 2020
- 15 online Courses to learn Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
Thanks for reading this article so far. If you find these DevOps online training courses useful then please share with your friends and colleagues. If you have any questions or feedback then please drop a note.
P. S. — If you are keen to learn DevOps but can’t afford to join this course and looking for a free DevOps online training course then you can also check out this DevOps Essentials course on Udemy. It’s completely free and all you need is a free Udemy account to join this course.