Foojay Podcast #8: JUG World Tour: Manchester
With this Foojay Podcast, we introduce a new topic: once per month, we will virtually travel to a Java User Group (JUG) to learn how they organize their events and learn from their experiences.
For this first Foojay JUG Podcast, we are flying to Manchester in the UK!
- 00'00 Short intro and music
- 00'15 Introduction about the topic of this podcast
- 00'24 Introduction of the guests and host
- 00'50 How the Manchester JUG started and Nick and Jonathan joined as organizers
- 03'50 How many JUG sessions are organized
- 04'22 About the Manchester JUG community and how many people join sessions
- 07'30 The most remarkable sessions and speakers (Josh Long and Venkat)
- 09'33 Attracting new speakers
- 12'40 Pre and Post Covid and virtual sessions
- 15'15 Attracting local speakers
- 16'58 Learn about new technologies and core Java at a JUG or conference
- 22'43 About diversity
- 25'05 Locations where the JUGs are organized
- 26'44 How much effort is needed to manage a JUG
- 29'50 Where you can find the Manchester JUG
- 30'20 Other activities (unconference, 10-year anniversary, jmanc)
- 35'46 Practical organization approach
- 37'55 Cooperation with other JUGs
- 39'28 Conclusion
Don’t Forget to Share This Post!
Originally published at https://foojay.io on December 5, 2022.