This week I had a chance to dive deeper into GraphQL. I discovered some new tools and now I’m convinced GraphQL is the new way to build APIs. My goal is to prototype few APIs in the next few weeks.
Here are some interesting projects and articles for the past week:
- Login-With project. Auth is always a pain. This middleware may help.
- Graph.Cool I discovered this service recently. Very cool ;)
- PostGraphQL. Generate API from PostgresQL with GraphQL.
- Formik. Forms in React, without tears (I hope it’s true)
- Experimenting with the background fetch API
- Deploying Node and Mongo Containers on AWS EC2
- Tutorial: GraphQL Subscriptions with Apollo Client
1. Announcing Gatsby 1.0
Kyle Mathews Founder @ GatsbyJS. Likes tech, reading/writing, founding things. Blogs at bricolage.io. Jul 6, 2017 · 10…www.gatsbyjs.org
Gatsby is your friendly, blazing fast static site generator for React. And after nearly a year of research, prototyping, and testing, Gatsby v1 is ready for action.
2. Your First Service Worker
It's evening. Kumiko, a young Japanese graphic designer, goes down into the busy metropolitan of Tokyo. While waiting…www.hacklabo.com
3. Bullet proof your technology stack with GraphQL
It has taken a little time for technology like GraphQL to settle in. I find myself in conversations with folks about…www.jjmasse.com
A blog post from my friend John J Masse. As I mentioned in the past — GraphQL is becoming a new standard when it comes to building APIs. The author knows a thing or two about implementing GraphQL in the very large scale projects. Worth the read!
4. A beginner’s guide to making Progressive Web Apps
You may have heard about Progressive Web Apps or PWAs for short, I’m not going to go into all the details of what…medium.com
Hopefully, this post will be all you need to get started in making your own PWA.
5. Mastering Chrome Developer Tools: Next Level Front-End Development Techniques
You may already be familiar with the basic features of the Chrome Developer Tools: the DOM inspector, styles panel, and…medium.freecodecamp.org
6. GraphQL-Europe 2017 Videos
7. Building a realtime feed with Node.js and AMP
Something we can't deny about Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is that they are fast. On mobile devices, web pages can…blog.pusher.com
On mobile devices, web pages can take several seconds to load. However, AMPs are web pages designed to load near instantaneously due to the limited set of allowed functionality they provide and a distribution system built around caching.
Tweet of the week
If you liked this post, click the 💚 below so other people can find it on Medium. Follow me on Twitter to stay in touch.