There were not as many updates this week. Everyone is enjoying the summer 🌤. As promised, I’m exploring GraphQL as my go-to API platform, but before jumping 100%, I decided to build a simple REST API with Express.js (it’s actually fun).
Here some of the updates:
- Update your Node.js app, security patch is available for all versions
- Five Tips for Working with Redux in Large Applications
- Setting up 2-factor authentication for Node.js Applications
- How to build a package manager
Guys behind one of my favorite services (graph.cool) put together this awesome guide. It’s an interactive GraphQL tutorial — pretty awesome 👏🏻.
2. Universal Now: Now, on Every Cloud
About a year ago we introduced `now` to the world. We set out to validate very simple hypotheses.zeit.co
Zeit guys don’t stop. They just open sourced their “now” deployment API and we can use it to deploy Node apps to AWS or Google cloud. It’s on my to-do list to try.
3. Webpack Academy
4. How to write beautiful Node.js APIs using async/await and the Firebase Database
This tutorial will cover the typical use cases you’ll come across when writing RESTful API endpoints to read and write…medium.freecodecamp.org
Back to API topic. Another alternative to REST or GraphQL is Firebase, which a database service provided by Google. Combining Node and Firebase is very powerful.
Tweet of the week (relatable)
If you liked this post, click the 💚 below so other people can find it on Medium. Follow me on Twitter to stay in touch.